Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i recently bought a used ds4, but i can't deadlock it.

I tried pressing the lock button two times but nothing, do you have any ideas how can i prevent the doors from opening from inside? is there any chance my ds4 came with no deadlock option?

·
Registered
154 Posts
From Page 103 of the manual...

Press the padlock button on the remote control, then press it again within 5 seconds to deadlock. Same with the key in the door, lock then lock again within 5 seconds.

Seems to apply to all models.

·
Registered
544 Posts
As The Badger says, press the button twice in reasonably quick succession and you will hear the locking 'clunk' both times - the car is now deadlocked; press it again and you'll get the 'find me' function activating (rapidly flashing indicators and illuminated interior lights) and no more 'clunking'.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think in order to have the deadlock function you must have the alarm first, but mine didn't came with it. Do you know if i can have it installed in an official service?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Certainly, every Citroen garage available in your whereabouts will install alarm system in your car. I had such fitted as a bonus when I bought mine.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I don't believe it is alarm related - we had a C4 Picasso VTR+ which was exactly the same but didn't come with an alarm.

·
Registered
86 Posts
According to my copy of the DS4 brochure (says accurate as of August 2011), all models of DS4 come with the alarm fitted as standard.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Unfortunately, not in all countries...specifications differ depending upon the country, and this forum has already grown to be international, hasn't it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, sorry about that, in my country there isn't any forum so i thought you guys could give me a hand, thanks for the answers i'm going to ask in a citroen garage if they can fit me the alarm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts