Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought my DS4 in early January, and I was told that my spec came with Aluminium Drilled Pedals (it also said this on the dealers website and the spec sheet they gave me for the specific model I purchased). Lo and behold, when I get my car I don't have the pedals, which are apparently a £200 option.

After a load of back and forth, the dealer has offered to either fit the pedals, or give me GardX free of charge. I was wondering what you guys would do? Anyone here have GardX and can vouch for it etc? They seem to be pushing for the GardX so I'm guessing that it's the cheapest option for them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
forget gardx I had it on new kuga paid £300 at timebefore and my dad had it on Mercedes at £400makes no difference they say many things dealers to sell it from easier to clean and protection from bird c**p but nothingdifferent when it comes to cleaning or protection even now I have ds4 diesel pearl white and no gardx its just as easy to clean and poilish as was kuga with xgardpedals would be your best choice for sure

·
Registered
472 Posts
Further point Gardx will do nothing for the resale pedals might!!!Edited by: deresim

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guessed this was the point, they kept stating in the emails how I'd get a better resale value with GardX, and I'd get no more money for having the pedals. Guess the GardX is the cheapest option for them, I'll go for the pedals then!

Thanks everyone :)

·
Registered
472 Posts
I know if I looked at two similar ds4's and one had the pedals and the other didn't I would probably go for the one with the pedals, but that might be just me Iam a bit anal like that, if it's right it's right and if it's wrong it's wrong

·
Registered
31 Posts
Gardx/Superguard type kits can be bought off ebay for around £30/40 hence why dealers push them as they make a massive mark up.

Pedals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
What model did you have? I picked up my D style yesterday and when test driving was told I would have the drilled pedals and have normal pedals.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You get the pedals on DStyle and DSport models, but for some reason not on the VTi 120 engine version of those models. Iv ordered my DStyle 2.0 HDI a few weeks ago, so will check when I pick it up that the pedals are fitted!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I have a DStyle VTi 120, but on the dealers website and in the original sheet they gave me which stated all the spec on the car, it said that it came with the pedals. I'm not exactly bothered that they're not there, but when I'm told that I'm paying for something, I expect to get it. It's like getting a microwave without the glass plate inside.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Definitely! If you have been told it will be on your car fight until you get what you want and have paid for! Good luck with it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts