Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Just a short message to say on Saturday I took delivery of new DS4 Dstyle Hdi 160 Automatic in Pearl White with Mistral and White Claudia interior, emyway DAB, and Cairns Alloy wheels.

I had the dealer fit chrome door mirror covers, and Perla Nera Black rubbing strips. Finaly, as I always find them useful, I am having front park assist fitted on saturday. I am going with the electromagnetic type as sold by Parking Dynamics. The system fits behind the bumper so no drilling and nothing visible. I have read mixed reviews on their effectiveness so will be interesting to see what they are like.

The saleman at thedealership has been extremely helpful throughout, which is more than I can say for Citroen Customer services!

Perhaps someone can shed some light on this issue - On delivery and intermintentaly since, when starting the car the 'emyway' system freezes on the Citroen homepage screen. Usualy after a few attempts at re-starting it then starts working correctly. I am hoping its a software issue that can be rectified by the dealer, otherwise they say the unit will have to be removed and sent away for repair. I spoke to Citroen UK expecting them to say if thats the case rather than being without so many features of the car (Phone rear park sensoras well as off course stereo and sat nav), they would order a replacment and have it sent to the dealer so as I am not inconvenienced. They said that would notbe possible and having bought a £27,000 odd car I should just live withoutthe systemfor a few weeks.

Fortunately my dealer in that event said they would supply their DS5 demo to use whilst my unit is away if it cannot be rectified with an update.

As I say has anyone experienced such emywayissues and had it thenm successfully rresolved?

Thanks, regards

Keith

·
Registered
472 Posts
Hi

Although not the same fault as yours I had a fault on the CD player where it was not recognising any CD's the dealer stated that it would have to go back to Citroen and then a replacement would be sent. What happened in the end was I took the car to the dealer, they took out the CD includes the Sat Nav and everything else, they took photos of everything and took all the details from the CD and sent them all off to Citroen who said OK thats all fine, so they put the original all back so that I could have the car and use it, once the new bits came into the dealer, 3 days I took the car back in and the swapped out the bad bit and put in the new bit this all came with the latest SatNav and maps along with the full bluetooth upgrade etc, hopefully your dealer will be able to do something similar, each visit took about 90 mins but left it for the day as they gave me a DS5 as a car while they were working on mine, when I picked it up they said that the most difficult thing was changing the Puegeot logo on the boot up screen to the Citroen logo, obviously the parts are interchangeable

Hope it goes well

Probably a software upgrade will sort itEdited by: deresim

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks for your response, I let you know what happens.
Merry Xmas & happy new year.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello to everybody and Merry Christmas!
I am just new to this forum and i live in Athens, Greece.
Last Thursday i delivered my new DS4 1.6Vti So Chic, Gris Shark. It is a very handsome car and i feel like driving a concept car. My previous was a C4 1.6 Exclusive, model 2005.
My DS4 was a show car and it remained unsold for almost two years since last Thursday. So it is a 2011 make but only with 27km on its odometer. That's why it costed me 17000euros. The dealer have cut down almost 5500 euros from the initial price because they like to get rid of petrol remaining stock because the majority of customers prefer diesel engines for economy and low tax. I exchanged my old C4 for 4500euros and i think is a good bargain. My old C4 had done 130000km in 8 years and it was a great car except the known suspension problems with noises regarding the bad setup and 17" wheels. The new DS4 rides on 18" wheels which was an optional extra for this specific car and it is very well insulated from road and uneven surfaces noise. Of course is a lot stiffer than the C4 but it absors sufficiently the most of bad surfaces. The cabin is very sexy and very well made like a German car and steering and gearchange are heavy enough. But the car generally remains tricky for urban use on Greek city roads because we have many bad constructed roads and within a week it has started noises and rattles especially from the rear door. It seems like something is loose but i have checked all the bolts around the rear screen which a can see with bare eye and they are tightened enough. I will go tot the dealer as soon as possible to have this issue checked. I suspect the rear screen whiper motor it could be loose for some reason. I aslo have tried to find the side door strips as accessories or spare parts to buy and fit them but i didn't manage. I will ask Citroen Hellas about this issue.
We will keep in touch for furhter review on this car.
Greetings!

·
Registered
470 Posts
welcome to the forum, good choice of car as well as of colour!

hope your rattling issue gets solved soon, keep us posted about the outcome

·
Registered
472 Posts
Ntzino

I had a similar rattle on rough roads from the boot, there two rubber stoppers either side of the boot to support the boot lid when it is closed, these are adjustable for height you unscrew them to provide support, I did this and it worked for me, no more rattles from the boot, give it a try it might work

·
Registered
472 Posts
Oh and welcome to the forum and enjoy the car

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you all for your welcome messages!
Scotty Pro thanks for your greek greeting.
Thanks Deresim for your idea . I will try it and respond.
Apart from this annoyng sily problem , the car is fantastic! I have done only 350km in a week and i just love it! It is real premium but it stands alone , far away from the German competition. Audi A3 might be just perfect but still boring and BMW 1 series might be very sporty and driver oriented and fuel efficient but still very ugly to my eyes like an angry bulldog. I simply prefer the DS4.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good morning to everybody!
Deresim i have just checked the rubber stops you have mentioned and i have adjusted at almost unscrewed level. All rattling noises have stopped! The car now is fantastic and seems solid-built!
Thank you for your support. None of the two technicians ata my dealer's garage found this silly problem and so easy solution. Thanks again!!!

Oh , and some offtopic comment, sorry for that...

I really admire your British driving manners and generally your polite behaviour to everyday driving.
I have visited UK twice and i just adore your country. I have visited London, Whatford and Blackpool for job seminars but i found some free time to see these cities. Great memories!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Ntzion, I've been to Greece, fortunately by plane, and found that you Greeks drive like lunatics, half of the cars have dents or scratches, tooting and different offensive gestures common... cant imagine driving my car in Greece actually.

·
Registered
5 Posts
DShark i agree with you. Most Greek drivers are very fast and agressive to their manners but i prefer to drive smoothly and behave politely. I have visited some european countries and i can see the difference.
End of offtopic

·
Registered
12 Posts
HI i have had quite a few problems with my emyway system since i bought it. it has been back and forward to the dealer several time for simalar problems i sent a video to the dealer who forwarded it to citroen they supplied a cd update to the dealer by special order all thoigh it has not totally cleared the problem still a little sluggish on start up at time it works now every time your dealer needs to send your unit code from the back of the unit to citroen, un fortunatly this means removing the unit from the dash!!! great design feature eh! they had my car three days in all as the update does not take first time evry time they need to keep trying to be sucessful i beilieve.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Many thanks for the information. My car is due to go back to the dealer on Monday to see what they can find. At least its happening a lot less frequently - twice since Xmas day. May I ask which dealer you were using please?
Thanks again
Keith

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ive got the same problem with e-myway freezing randomly on start up freezing on the logo too, the car is only 8 weeks old so would like to think its running the latest software

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That is exactly the problem I have - freezing on the logo page. Usually switching off the ignition and leaving it a minute or so resets it, although setimes this process will require two or three attempts.
My dealer has told me they think the car requires 'I believe' an update to software edition 2.7. The disk they need to do this is on back order but should be due in on the 10th. If so I will let you know if it sorts the problem out. Meantime I would be interested if you have a successful outcome.
Regards
Keith

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi

Just to join the debate, I think the emyway system is poor, mine has now decided to restart itself every 15 seconds and is getting very annoying, booked in with the dealer on Tuesday, have many problems with slow start up and freezing and ipod connection problems, been in to the dealer who have not been able to resolve, my warranty runs out in June this year which is a worry. Bluetooth system has been faultless though so not all bad.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
An update to the emyway start up problems.
My dealer carried out the latest software update and the system still has the same random problem - on occasion sticking on the 'Citroen' start up page.
It had been fine for the last 2-3 weeks and I was wondering whether the problem had sorted itself, then yesterday evening it failed again taking several attempts and minutes turning on the ignition for it to start. The same today after the update. The only difference on one occasion after a minute on the home page it started working itself.
I will be talking to my dealer on Monday, but it would seem as they insist on sending my unit back to Citroen, I will be taking their offer of use of a DS5 whilst the unit is away.Sorry for rambling message.
Regards
Keith

·
Registered
472 Posts
At least you seem to have a good dealer

1 - 20 of 20 Posts