Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from the Netherlands! I have recently changed my BMW 5 series for a DS4 and I have to say I am delighted with it. I do have one niggle though, and that's with the Denon HiFi - I've turned the bass to full on the eMyWay system but it still ""¦ it still sounds flat - has anyone else noticed that their subwoofer doesn't seem to have much bass? Do you know if there is a way of increasing its volume?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Sorry.... no Denon here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
I have the Denon Hi-Fi and am just in the process of figuring it all out.

As it stands just now it seems to be performing quite well. I did notice that I had to set the volume etc for each source of input (Aux/Ipod/Radio).


When I set it to 'Rock/Jazz' etc and then mess with the Bass it reverts the 'sound' back to none.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Frank The Tank said:
I have the Denon Hi-Fi and am just in the process of figuring it all out.

As it stands just now it seems to be performing quite well. I did notice that I had to set the volume etc for each source of input (Aux/Ipod/Radio).


When I set it to 'Rock/Jazz' etc and then mess with the Bass it reverts the 'sound' back to none.

Yeah - the settings are a little awkward - not sure why you can't set a 'default' set of settings to use across all inputs. I've fiddled around with the settings, and still ratherdisappointedwith the Denon systemparticularlywhen it comes to bass. Might nip to a Citroen dealer and see whether others are like it too, or whether it is just my car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
I have just been having a blast in mine and of course had the music on.

The bass was coming through perfect. This was playing via my iPhone though. I must try it via the radio and see if there is any difference.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Frank The Tank said:
I have just been having a blast in mine and of course had the music on.

The bass was coming through perfect. This was playing via my iPhone though. I must try it via the radio and see if there is any difference.
I have been trying mine via the USB port with a memory stick - I'll give it a go through the iPhone!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
I noticed that most of my tunes via iPhone come through with good bass. Some are a bit quieter but that may have something to do with the quality of the song to be fair.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
I've got the Denon system, was doing all well but now my bass doesnt seem to be amazing...not too sure why?
The rear left speaker has blown too i think, going to have to take it back in for them to sort out which im not happy about with how much it cost....a standard speaker would have lasted better than that one...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Hello Richcy, I've just got my new DS4 and like you am disappointed with the bass with the Denon hifi.

I had a Bose system in a Mazda 3 Sport and the sound was great but in the DS4 the sound has little depth.


Things improve a bit if the volume is higher than 11 and the sound is better sitting in the back!


Did you get any replies to your enquiry?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
I pick mine up on Saturday with the denon. Bit worried now. Never really pushed it on the test drive. Does the denon have DAB?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Hello Richard

There is no DAB but the radio output is very good.


I contacted Denon directly and a message has been sent to their ''Premium Sounds SolutionTeam''.
At this poinit I'm pleased at the customer service I'm receiving.


I've tried an number of different settings over the last few days and am still surprised and the relatively small difference in a 14 point scale from -7 to + 7 on the bass.


Sound improves slightly as the volume reaches 12 or more but this is heading towards too loud!


The best solution appears to be to select a volume of 6-9 and turn the ' Loudness'' on plus set the personal settings to a high bass and mid treble level.


Overall however I find the sub in the boot is barely noticeable. I base this on the sub in my Mazda and the 2 subs I have for home cinema.


IKH
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Hi. Thank you for that. Can't understand why the brochure states there is dab.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Was thinking about getting this aswell in my new car, but after doing some 'research' im glad i didn't. Apperently "everyone" has the same issue with it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Hello Richie

I'm not pleased at all with the depth of sound on the Denon System. Citroen say there is no fault but the standard fit hi-fi sounds just the same. I've contacted Denon directly and they are more concerned than Citroen. I hoping to get a call tomorrow from the premium sounds solution team at Denon.


I've also complained through the Citroen finance company as they provide the HP agreement.


I've been trying to get some answers since the start of March when I picked the car up!


IKH
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
IKH said:
Hello Richie

I'm not pleased at all with the depth of sound on the Denon System. Citroen say there is no fault but the standard fit hi-fi sounds just the same. I've contacted Denon directly and they are more concerned than Citroen. I hoping to get a call tomorrow from the premium sounds solution team at Denon.


I've also complained through the Citroen finance company as they provide the HP agreement.


I've been trying to get some answers since the start of March when I picked the car up!


IKH

Hi IKH


I'd be very interested in the outcome with Denon; I really do think the Denon upgrade isn't much cop, but I do think it sounds better than the standard fit sound system. When I took it to Citroen they too said there was no fault, and therefore couldn't help. I'm also not pleased how the car seems to rattle when there is the slightest amount of bass - still need to take it back to the dealer to get that addressed; as a side comment the standard sound system in my old BMW E60 was far, far, superior - and, I really expect more from a premium upgrade.


Richcy.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top