Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
No I didn't, is one of them you would wish u had if it gets written off but the chances of that in a nearly new car are quite slim as it would take a lot of damage. Personally only think you should get what the car is worth not what you originally paid which you get automatically from your insurance company, roughly anyway, so to me that's enough.

What kind of cost is it for you?Edited by: Becki_Justin

·
Registered
544 Posts
We went for the ALA gap insurance which is as good as we were offered at the dealer but 1/3 of the price.

Having bought used, we would get the payout from 12 months old once the 'new' replacement had ran out on our insurance and the car is covered for £12k, what we paid for it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Buying the car new, I thought I'd be stupid not to especially as it's on a PCP!

It was £25200 new, I imagine it lost several thousand the moment I first sat in the drivers seat!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I bought mine from the dealer and it was said to give you the price you paid. It's just run out and, thankfully, I didn't need it. I suppose it's peace of mind, although I don't buy extended warranties for anything else.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I got GAP from ALA.
I used GAP from ALA.
ALA paid out the difference between purchase price and main insurance without any problem
Now I ALWAYS take out GAP on a new/nearly new car!

Don't forget that is not just about accident write-offs and "I've never had an accident in 50 years of driving" type thnking. You can be the best driver in the world, but doesn't stop your car being nicked from inside a locked garage and never seen again (like mine)

·
Registered
1 Posts
We were offered it by the dealer last month when we purchased our (used) DS4 but declined. Checked it out online and the Which website has a good overview of the different types of gap insurance and what to look out for (we're not members of Which and didn't sign up to subscribe). After further research, we purchased return to value gap insurance for 5 years as we think insurance companies never payout full replacement cost when a car is written off - and nowadays it doesn't seem to take much to write a car off! For price comparison - the dealer offered return to invoice for 3yrs for £350 and we purchased return to value for 5yrs for just under £200. So if you're going to purchase it, don't buy it through the dealer unless you've got lots of money to spare and check what the terms & conditions are! Hope that helps!

G

·
I've just used the discount as featured on this website, excellent value for money compared to me dealer and just the same level of cover too!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.