Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What sort of fuel efficiency are people getting in this car. Citroen claims 60mpg average on this model but I'm struggling to break 48mpg regularly. I'm a fairly economical driver and usually got within a few mpg of manufacturers figures in previous cars but seem to be having trouble getting anywhere near with the DS4.

So, what's your usual average?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Mines a 2.0 160 bhp. On motorway journeys keeping to the speed limit
I get 53 mpg, but around town it drops to 44 which is whyI walk

·
Registered
395 Posts
I get mid 40s and do not tend to drive economically, and mine has been chipped to around 200bhp.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I had an 80 mile round trip up to my dad's in North Northumberland today and managed 62mpg. Motorway driving admittedly, but I'm happy with that. Maybe I'm still getting used to the car

·
Registered
231 Posts
I am getting 44 average round town in mine and 60+ on a run
best driving like a 70 year old 64mpg
1.6hdi

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi guys there must be something wrong with my 1.6 HDI, I am just back from 700 miles on the motorway at 75MPH with cruise control and I only got 47.6MPG I am very in impressed with the MPG return of this car, I expected to get at least 55MPG on that run

·
Registered
47 Posts
I drove painfully eco for 3 weeks and got 50.3mpg around town just for an experiment. Stopped when I got a message saying my something filter was at risk of blocking. Referred to manual which said I need to flog it a bit. I did and it cleared. Experiment over now back at 42-45mpg average. 2.0 diesels clearly some revs.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Side note to Baz cruise control kills mpg. It will go up at least 5 with it off. My mpg is bad just now due to air con. Its dropped at least 7mpg.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Baz1976 said:
Hi guys there must be something wrong with my 1.6 HDI, I am just back from 700 miles on the motorway at 75MPH with cruise control and I only got 47.6MPG I am very in impressed with the MPG return of this car, I expected to get at least 55MPG on that run
I did a 40 mile journey in my 1.6 hdi with cruise at 70mph, and got 56mpg (air con on). To be honest Citroen's figures for this car seem really wide of the mark but your figures definitely seem low.

Now averaging 50mpg general daily driving (economical driving) but still feel that's pretty poor. Still love the car mind, but a bit disappointed with the efficiency.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Gash said:
Baz1976 said:
I did a 40 mile journey in my 1.6 hdi with cruise at 70mph, and got 56mpg (air con on). To be honest Citroen's figures for this car seem really wide of the mark but your figures definitely seem low.

Now averaging 50mpg general daily driving (economical driving) but still feel that's pretty poor. Still love the car mind, but a bit disappointed with the efficiency.
Couple of weeks back there was a Top Gear programme that explained why car manufacturers mpg's are off the mark. They are tested in the factory with no air con, not using cruise control, all extra weights removed and do it on a road roller not real roads. Its nothing like day to day driving. If you check out iplayer it may still be available to be viewed. Very eye opening!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rev G said:
Gash said:
Baz1976 said:

Couple of weeks back there was a Top Gear programme that explained why car manufacturers mpg's are off the mark. They are tested in the factory with no air con, not using cruise control, all extra weights removed and do it on a road roller not real roads. Its nothing like day to day driving. If you check out iplayer it may still be available to be viewed. Very eye opening!
Cheers, I'll see if I can find it

·
Registered
395 Posts
I agree with you Rev, and also saw program - although knew already that modern mpg is wildly optimistic for most cars.
The CO2 output is also wildly optimistic and BMW are the worst culprits if you beleive AutoExpress.

I get around 47mpg from DS4 sport with chipped engine, so cannot grumble, but also have a Ford Galaxy with same diesel engine but std 163bhp and it is meant to get 50mpg and I've never had above 34mpg.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Guys,
Just bought my ds4 16 ehdi 115, 2 weeks ago, only covered 500 miles, first impressions of the mnph , dissapointing combined.....42 mpg, hope this improves with age and miles

1 - 20 of 89 Posts