Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one had there DS4 1.6HDI remapped ?

Where did you go ? was it worth it ?

Ive looked at tuning boxes but they look a nightmare to get to the connector on this car and you have to remove the battery and battery tray ..

·
Registered
231 Posts
not had DS4 done but i did have my last car done
the difference was amazing

i had a sport map done ( i will find company out if you require )

car was 136 bhp and remapped to 180bhp (rolling road backed up )

more bhp more tourque and average 5mpg improvement

i had it done on a car that had 120,000 miles on clock had car 6 years and never had any problems at all with it..

also untracable so to speak compaired to tuning box/chip.
Edited by: dug

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had my 1.6TDCI focus done a few years back by a local chaphttp://chipandtune.com/and you could notice the improvement
I did go for the mixed remap but he did offer max power or maxeconomy, didnt have a rolling road to test it on so would be interesting to see the gains if i get this done, he did say some of the newer cars were protected back then .

·
Registered
267 Posts
I understand that the current Ds4 thp engines are anti- tune , you have to take out the ecu to remap it, not sure about the diesel models. I believe Superchips UK does a decent remap for one of the DS4 diesel engine.

·
Registered
231 Posts
http://www.viezu.com/Cars/Citroen/DS4/Diesel/DS4-1.6-HDI/View-details

1.6HDI
<div id="model-fuel">Fuel : Diesel
<div id="model-stdbhp">Original BHP : 110
<div id="model-gainbhp">Power increase - Economy remap : 20 BHP
<div id="model-gainnm">Torque increase - Economy remap : 40 Nm
<div id="model-fuelsaving">Fuel Saving - Economy remap : 15 %
<div id="model-gainbhp2">Power increase - Performance remap : 30 BHP
<div id="model-gainnm2">Torque Increase- Performance remap :60 Nm

<div id="model-emissions"><div ="resulttext"><sub>2.0HDI</sub>
<div ="resulttext"><div id="model-fuel">Fuel : Diesel
<div id="model-stdbhp">Original BHP : 160
<div id="model-gainbhp">Power increase - Economy remap : 25 BHP
<div id="model-gainnm">Torque increase - Economy remap : 50 Nm
<div id="model-fuelsaving">Fuel Saving - Economy remap : 15 %
<div id="model-gainbhp2">Power increase - Performance remap : 35 BHP
<div id="model-gainnm2">Torque Increase- Performance remap :75 Nm

·
Registered
268 Posts
If I could get a warranty friendly one I would be off tomorrow,
Had my Subaru mapped made a huge difference to the way it drove and improved the economy.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm looking at a remap but asked my Citroen service dept if it would affect the vehicle warranty. They said if the original factory settings are altered it will invalidate the warranty - so potentially a very expensive risk.

·
Registered
231 Posts
<h2>Will re-mapping invalidate my car's warranty?</h2>

No. A remap or any aftermarket work cannot and will not automatically invalidate a vehicles warranty. It's a misconception that it will, and sometimes those that know are not always clear about this fact. Its very common for fleet users and companies to fit a speed limiter to their vehicles, some will use us to do this work, other drivers may want to fit a tow-bar, or upgraded sound system to their vehicle, these are common fitments, but they are after market changes just like a remap, your two-bar does not invalidate your warrant so why should your remap?

However, manufactures of course have the right to investigate and possibly reject a warranty claim if the failure is directly related too and caused by the tuning, (remember not all tuning is the same quality as Viezu) Therefor, for your total peace of mind, all Viezu tuning work is insured and guaranteed, if our tuning causes a failure inside or outside of the warranty period you are covered. It's exactly why you should chose Viezu for all your tuning work, only Viezu dealers have this depth of cover and your dealer will be happy to show you and talk through the Viezu tuning insurance policy. We say this with confidence because of the rigorous testing regime all ECU remapping and vehicle tuning files go through, and we even give a life-time software guarantee too for reinstallation.

Should you lose your tuning files due to dealer actions or parts failure your dealer will be happy to re-install the map onto your car free of charge for as long as you own the vehicle. - See more at: http://www.viezu.com/faq#sthash.ianx2xfg.dpuf

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just had a reply from a local (ish) tuner, what do you think ?

Hi Gavin,Thanks very much for your email.To
answer your concern about remap detection""¦. ANY remap [via the OBD or
ECU out] can be detected if a garage or insurance company really wanted
to find out. Anyone who says different isn't giving you a 100% honest
answer. If any garage knew what to look for [most don't] then they could
compare the software map from your car with that produced by the
factory [allowing for tolerances] and then make and assumption that it's
been chipped/mapped or whatever other phrase they care to use.In
the event of mechanical failure, for a car manufacturer to void a
warranty if challenged legally they would most likely need to
demonstrate that a software component was the direct causal link [not
assumed] for the mechanical component failure. In the statement from
Brabus to a local Merc dealership that queried this, proving a direct
causal link between the two is near impossible which is why to date,
manufacturers have backed down when challenged on their assumption that
software affects the physical components of hardware.There
are other ways of course to make an assumption such as whether or not a
car has been remapped such as looking to see if any tamper proof bolts
on an ecu cage have been cracked open and not replaced with new ones.
But then again""¦ the car manufacturers don't put cages around all ecu's
within even the same model of car""¦ For
extra peace of mind for those that really want it, we also provide a
remap warranty for £10+VAT on qualifying vehicles. A link to our
warranty is given for you here: http://mobileremaps.co.uk/warranty.htmFinal
word on the above is that under normal diagnostic tests any remap is
undetectable. This is because normal diagnostic tests are looking for
fault codes and not checking engine parameters set on the engine
management programs.If
we remapped your specific vehicle for power, both power and torque
should rise by around 25%. We would want your vehicle for the day
[collect at around 8:30 for return to you at 3pm] so we could test your
vehicle, remap it, retest it again to make sure all is OK for you. The
cost for your remap is £275+VAT. If you needed a vehicle for the day,
you are welcome to use our courtesy vehicle without charge so you are
not without transport.I hope you find the above helpful and useful so you can make a fully informed decision.Regards,Al HunterDirector--------------------------------------Mobile RemapsUnit 12, 23 King StreetCambridge, CB1 1AH

·
Registered
231 Posts
reads good and great price too
i was quoted £399 + £45 for rolling road

shame i dont live near to you we could set up group deal

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've just spoken to a local tuning company and was told that a performance tune was risky as the Citroen turbo is not very strong. I was told that an economy remap would be ok. They agreed that the warrany might be affected - if the remap was found.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Superchips is a reputable company in the UK and they have no issues with doing diesel remap. I would think the Citroen turbo is quite strong to handle the remap.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Turbo seems to be able to stand the increase confortably.Key is that chips / tunes can give several settings on 163bhp diesel this ranges from 180-207bhp at the max end they override the safetys in the Citroen so you are risking problems, as long as you stay below these then engine should be able to cope. Superchips actually go to about 187bhp as std setting, I got 197bhp from DTUK chip without overiding safetys. Frankly its the max the car can take as it wants to wheel spin all the time.

·
Registered
56 Posts
rich.cath said:
Turbo seems to be able to stand the increase confortably.Key is that chips / tunes can give several settings on 163bhp diesel this ranges from 180-207bhp at the max end they override the safetys in the Citroen so you are risking problems, as long as you stay below these then engine should be able to cope. Superchips actually go to about 187bhp as std setting, I got 197bhp from DTUK chip without overiding safetys. Frankly its the max the car can take as it wants to wheel spin all the time.
Just put the DTUK chip in mine and it now flys

·
Registered
544 Posts
My A2 was remapped whilst under warranty - it was never noted by the dealer and didn't cause an issue with any claims. It was put down as a mod on the insurance though.

·
Super Moderator
937 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
So after reading this thread properly, more importantly the FAQ about Warranty invalidation which Dug posted, I'm seriously considering this. I've sent all of my details off to Viezu and hopefully someone will come back to me shortly!

The section about fuel economy was quite interesting, even if you choose a Performance Map your fuel economy is still likely to get better!

Watch this space...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts