DS4OwnersClub.co.uk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I've been a numbnuts.

Getting irked by having to reach over and open the passenger door i had a very, very quick read og the manual, found a page that included doors and instantly thought i knew what i was doing.

Anyway i found the little black socket type thing below the lock, stuck my key in and turned.
The door is now fek'd. Open from inside and the lock is disarmed, the door just doesn't lock.
I have to prod about in the little socket thing on the side of the door until it clicks and resets, but it now does this everytime.
Is there anyway to reset this or do i have to take it to a dealer to sort?
Any help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
42 Posts
So it sounds like you have overridden the locks.. are you saying that the doors now will never lock, even with the remote or from the inside when you press the locking button? Looking at the book, what you did was to instruct the doors to lock and staty locked from the outside whilst always allowing them to be unlocked from inside. That would mean that you shouldn't be able to open any of the non-driver doors from the outside once you use the remote to lock the car. Can you check that they are all locked from outside?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey techboy, the passenger door never opened from the outside. Since i picked it up brand new a couple of months back, that's always been the case.After i fiddled though i still couldn't open from the outside but when i unlocked it from the inside the internal door handle almost hung loose. and the locking mechanism didn't engage at all. The door flapped basically.Took it into the dealerand they've said a internal part had sheered and they've had to order another. Work done under warranty and pick it up later today.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts