Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered if there is anywhere I can get the door rubbing strips sensibly priced before I go sell my eyes at the main dealer to get some. Any advice, being new here, is much appreciated

·
Registered
281 Posts
do you mean the ones on the outside off the doors ?

if so they are about £150 at main dealer

cannot find on ebay as ive been looking

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks and yes that was what i was referring to. I am going to get some as my last car, which I had for five years, had about 4-5 on each door and one was a sizeable chunk taken out of it due to what would appear to be blind people opening the door and not seeing a 'car' to the side of them

·
Registered
202 Posts
Haha. I check my car every time I park in a supermarket as your right about ppl knocking the car when opening their doors. I had door strips for my focus sport and I found they parked the paintwork when 1 fell off. X

·
Registered
312 Posts
I think the door strips are £150 if orderedas a factory fit , I think they are more expensive if you order them after plus they come in primer so you have to get them painted.
I always park at the top of a car park away from everyone else , but I often find someone will park a old banger next to it probably for a laugh. I wont park next to any 4x4 with child seats in them because I'm sure they are the worst offender's .

Does it stop my car getting marked ? NO!! I've got aslightdent on my n/s back quarter !!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am going to a dealer today to check my mirrors don't have the reversing thing on them, going to ask about a new spare alloy and rubbing strips then, will let you guys know how much

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Spoke to the dealer and the strips are £275.80 to buy before being painted. They are 4 different prts, as much as I want them on my car I am not paying £400 for them

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I ordered some today because as much as I hate paying that much one dent and it will be more than that to repair. I did shed a tear when I handed over my credit card though...

·
Registered
470 Posts
Newkiebrown said:
I ordered some today because as much as I hate paying that much one dent and it will be more than that to repair. I did shed a tear when I handed over my credit card though...
how much did u pay?

·
Registered
202 Posts
HOLY BEJESUS!HOW MUCH????? But they're rubber right? Not gold lining or anything like that. ˜µ Xx

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They a hard plastic and they still need painting they were £278, I don't know how much to get painted yet but depending on the price I might just do them myself as I have the paint from doing stuff to my previous car

·
Registered
470 Posts
Citroen parts are expensive when bought at the dealers but the price they quote for strips is a gross exaggeration, wonder why so much for four pieces of plastic with a little bit of chrom.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am going to check what the paint colour for the car is and if it's a close match to the paint I already have I am going to spray them myself. They are doubled sided sticky on the back so they just stick on.

I've only ever sprayed grill inserts before but it will be simpler as the grill inserts were not flat.

I am not paying £160 for someone to paint them in 1 hour and stick them on to my car

·
Registered
227 Posts
There is no reason why you have to paint them to match the main car colour really. Given the real job of these is to protect the doors and be 'sacrificial', you may be better off painting them with a flexible rubber type paint which will be harder wearing, less obviousl if marked (especially if you have a light car) and easier to touch up.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have a black car and I am hoping they don't get hit too often, at the moment they are a cream colour and have only been primered so I am going to spray and lacquer them in black too

·
Registered
25 Posts
Newkiebrown said:
I am going to a dealer today to check my mirrors don't have the reversing thing on them, going to ask about a new spare alloy and rubbing strips then, will let you guys know how much 
Hi Newkiebrown or anyone else who knows, i am new here but just flicking through some posts to catch up on chat going on and noticed your comment about "mirrors having reversing thing on them". Not sure it's the same thing I came across at the weekend in the manual is it the programming of the mirrors when your in reverse your talking about? If so I could not get my DS4 to do this at the weekend,
Thanks Darren

1 - 20 of 20 Posts