Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been out and hoovered the footwells to fit the mats into my new car! I opted for Halfords semi-tailored mats, but even though I got the right kit for the car, they are far from perfect.

Anyway, as I was out there I noticed the drivers door seal is frayed where the drivers foot scuffs it getting in and out. Would this be covered by warranty? Looks like poor design if anything, in my old car the seal was further down, not exposed to scuffing.

Also, even though the car is 15 months old, the blue plastic was still on both the chrome door sills. I peeled it off and half the "etching" came off with it! Same question for this . . .

(I suspect the answer is a big fat no, but any ideas on costs for the above items if so? Also the jack is missing from the kit, again any ideas on costs from Citroen? I know I should chase the place I got the car from, but they are full of empty promises, their after sales is awful, once you've driven the car away, forget it, you might as well not exist. They all look away when you go back into the showroom with a problem!)

And any ideas about cost for a proper set of Citroen mats?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Best to talk to yur dealer, but if they're not listening...

Does your car have a spare wheel ? If not then the jack probably wasn't there to start with.

Re Door seal, it's a high sill and it is easy to drag your feet over the seal. I make sure I keep my sills and seasls clean and try not to mark them when getting in or out.

Re mats, Citroen ones are expensive, there are some threads on here about buying from online sources. i did that and was more than happy with the fully fitted (correct snap fix) mats I got.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I got an excelant set of mats from an eBay supplier with drivers heal pad white edging and DS4 logos for the front pair. Given my car is white with black and white interior so much the better.
From memory these were about £40.00.
I can provide you with details of company if interested.
Regards
Keith

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're right about the jack - I never thought about it properly until I had posted that! Why would I need a jack when I have no spare wheel . . .

Thanks for the help guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts