Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi has anyone has the dpf light come up with message risk of clogging and has I cleared? Plus is there any regeneration cleaning you can buy to help the process to put in the fuel.. been told to drive at 40 in 4th gear by citreon to see if it clears but dont fancy paying there prices to look at cleaning it if it doesnt go off

·
Registered
66 Posts
The advice you have been given about trying to clear it seems the best first option. You need to drive far enough at an engine speed that will burn of the particulates. My understanding is that driving for 20 minutes or so with an engine turning over at 2000 revs or more should generate enough heat to burn off the particulates. It is short driving distances and idling engines that doesn't allow the engine to burn off the particulates that causes these problems. However I'm not an expert and hopefully you'll get responses from members who have more knowledge than me to either confirm or correct my comment. Good luck.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Yes, in he first instance over 40mph in a low gear is the way forward to force a regeneration otherwise it will need to be foxes through by Citroen putting the car on Lexia at a cost; if you can't clear it they will have to do this otherwise your car will go into 'limp' mode.

Basically, the DPF is near the exhaust manifold and it needs to be hot to work.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did the over 40mph drive and went off then came back on and off again and stayed off now but going to use some wynns dpf cleaner in my fuel to clean it fully out as its suppose to do the job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.