DS4OwnersClub.co.uk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Auto Express have published the results of the Driver Power Survey this week. The DS4 hasn't got rated this year , the DS3 has got in at number 36 out of 100 , it was let down by it's build quality coming 5 from the bottom of the scale . Never had one so can't comment but I have to agree with Auto Express when they say "that's simply not good enough from a modern premium supermini "

·
Registered
578 Posts
Before I bought the DS4 I was going after an Alfa Romeo Guilietta but was put off because of Alfa's reliability. Have I just read correct that the Guilietta has come in on this report at 7th???

·
Registered
26 Posts
The Ds3 build quality is good, but when I compared too my Wife's mini, it was just nowhere near it.

The DS3 forums are over ran with THP engine issues as well, so it is not a huge surprise.

Disappointed though as I believed they shared the engine with the mini.

Fortunately the DS line has character in abundance and I can honestly say the DS3 was the best car I ever owned.

I had an Alfa 147 for years and never had a problem with it. was a proper workhorse. I got stung be depreciation when i sold it though, so stayed away from the Guilietta. Beautiful car though!

Edited by: iwelford

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They do share the THPengines ,the DS3 has 25 bhp less than the CooperS . They use the diesels in the mini as well . Toyota, Volvo, Ford, Jaguar and Land Rover use PSA diesels also .

What I don't understand about this survey is how can a car have poor build quality but good reliability ? I notice how BMW have good build quality but poor reliability !!

·
Registered
268 Posts
You have to take alot of these things with a pinch of salt, if you read all the reviews of the Ds4 from the motoring press it gets a fairly poor write up, but as we all know its a great car, I do believe we are becoming saturated with media and info, everyone hasaccess to add their 2p worth even if its total Bollocks!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Must agree with GazDs a lot of self appointed motoring experts have so many bent opinions i tend to go on my own experince and take what they say as entertanment,like top gear

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think nowadays it is difficult to buy a truly horrendous car. Platform sharing has seen to that.

Look at all the "joke" brands from years ago and how they moved on from the image.

Skoda is a proper success story, Reliable and great value for money hence the uptake by minicab drivers up and don the country

Kia and Hyundai cars are now reliable, well built and good looking cars with great warranty's

Chevrolet offer good value for money and have fairlty strong products based on vauxhall products and have the luxury that Skoda and seat share. They serve as a testbed for the parent companys next big product.

Then there are the Frenchies....Clio looks great, 208 GTi is back on form, The DS range is a storming success story but.....they need to look at the above companys and begin to show people that it is not just all about aesthetics...there is real quality underneath the skin too followed up by a great customer service team.

Sadly it appears to be lacking somewhat as I believe alot of us have received poor service from our Citroen dealers. It needs to change soon as people are waking up to the DS brand.

Rant over :D

·
Registered
578 Posts
GazDs right way too much media info. I think its only the Top gear site that give sthe DS4 a good write up. To be honest Citroens now have a great product and as Ive had Citroens for years the quality is very good on the DS range. The ZX (great engine crap build) used to creak and groan over every bump; the Xsara was a POS with electric problems as well a spoor build.
The media need to get over past reputation and look at now.

Agree also with iwelford that Citroen dealers need catch up with better service to us customers.

Hhhmmm shall I change for that lovely Guilietta??????????????

·
Registered
395 Posts
Hi guys,Auto Express Power Survey is made up of peoples views from a survey. So it is still subjective - if you love a car type you will rate it as such, and visa versa.

Truthfully although stylish the Citroen Ds range does have some 'poor' quality issues that are not acceptable.
People on this forum have complained about notchy gearboxes, poor EGS gearboxes, Bubbling chrome, etc etc.
I myself have the bubbling chrome and faulty electrics (still after 4 months!) on a 15month old car!!

PSA have always had this rep and to msome extent you buy a Citroen for its quirky character. What is most unforgiveable is the absolutely shocking after sales service - it is poor beyond belief in most cases.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts