Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, good morning.

Just bought a 2011 DS4 diesel 2.0, and so far I'm very happy with the car.
Only found 1 issue with the driver's seat, it's too high for me, and I've used the lever on the right of the seat to take it all the way down and also put the steering wheel all the way up, but I still touch the wheel with my legswhen I'm seating...

Not sure if the seat is broken and won't go as low as it should or if this is as low as it can actually go, but when I turn the wheel my legs are kind off in the way.
Is there anything else I can check to make it lower? what I've realized with this car is that it's got tons of buttons, I don't yet know what they do or what to do with them if I'm honest, just got the car on Saturday so I'm still learning, so it could well be that I'm missing something to get the seat lowered down.

Many thanks for your help :)

·
Registered
544 Posts
How tall are you? I'm 6'4" and have 34" legs and don't have be same issue as you do - check to see if there's anything under the seat and, from memory, it's about 20 full pumps of the lever from top to bottom. I don't have the wheel at the top of its travel, in fact I have it down as low as I can tolerate without not being able to see the top of the dials (close to bottom!)

I find the driving position spot on to be honest, and it's very adjustable as my 5'3" wife thinks the same too!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm 185cm, so you are quite taller than me I think, I remember I was 6' something, sorry I'm still in the metric system.I'll have a look to the lever and see if I get 20 moves from top to bottom and also look under the seat to see if there is anything in there, and many thanks for the answer :)

·
Registered
544 Posts
Yes, that doesn't sound right - I'm 190cm and when Mrs FB is behind me I keep the seat and wheel quite high; it's not my preferred position but it's fine enough to drive with.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi there,

Spot on, the seat was all the way down and it was 20 levels of adjustment, I also had a look under the seat and I found a compartment to put thnigs in!! Nice :) but nothing stopping the seat from going lower, so I suppose I'll have to get used to driving this way,car is still amazing to drive, and to look at too :D
Many thanks for your help.
Edited by: JLCSan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts