Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone out there ever experienced the odd phenomenon of ' cut out' . My DS4 1.6 Hdi has 91000 on the clock and for the last 10 months every 3 to 4 times after standing about 1 hour will start and then after 15 seconds cut out. It will refuse to start for a few minutes. Had new battery and fuel pump, renewed battery on key. No warning lights to show on dash. AA checked it out with diagnostics without finding a fault. Local mechanic baffled too. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,048 Posts
Not heard of that, mine is the 2.0 HDi and I know if it's been sitting for about a week then it stall as soon as it starts first time. Always assumed the fuel wasn't up to pressure.

Engine temperature sensor maybe, an hour is one of those in-between points where the engine isn't hot or cold. In the olden days it would be the automatic choke that would play up in that in-between temperature.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not heard of that, mine is the 2.0 HDi and I know if it's been sitting for about a week then it stall as soon as it starts first time. Always assumed the fuel wasn't up to pressure.

Engine temperature sensor maybe, an hour is one of those in-between points where the engine isn't hot or cold. In the olden days it would be the automatic choke that would play up in that in-between temperature.
Thanks for replying. It has been mentioned that it could be an injector playing up causing low fuel pressure but never had an issue on the run. After I had the fuel filter renewed it disappeared for a month. Sometimes it'll play up the next morning ,start straight away ,run for 30 seconds then stop. It takes quite a few turns to get it going. One thing I have tried is to keep the revs up for a minute or so during initial start up as cold tick over gives 700 rpm. It's a real mystery.

·
Registered
209 Posts
One of the issues that sometimes gives mystery issues is fuse box corrosion. Underneath the fuse box is a multi connector plug. When a car has had the engine compartment pressure washed - or - has been subject to moisture at some earlier stage - the connector and the pins it contacts corrode causing all sorts of issues. Cure, if it is that issue, is replace the fuse box but also the multi connector plug which means access to a car being dismantled. You need the fuse box , connector and 6 " tails of wire so you can splice them back in to the loom. I had it on a C5 and have seen it on many cars since. Hope that is not the issue you have.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One of the issues that sometimes gives mystery issues is fuse box corrosion. Underneath the fuse box is a multi connector plug. When a car has had the engine compartment pressure washed - or - has been subject to moisture at some earlier stage - the connector and the pins it contacts corrode causing all sorts of issues. Cure, if it is that issue, is replace the fuse box but also the multi connector plug which means access to a car being dismantled. You need the fuse box , connector and 6 " tails of wire so you can splice them back in to the loom. I had it on a C5 and have seen it on many cars since. Hope that is not the issue you have.
Thank you for your help in trying to solve this problem. I'll certainly look at it. Hopefully it will not entail renewing. What you said makes good sense.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts