Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought the new car I tried to swap over the insert for the spare wheel well from the old car as the new one doesn't take a spare - sadly, it doesn't fit as the old insert was shaped for a car without the AdBlue tank fitted which takes up about half the well.

Our car, being a DSport, couldn't be ordered with a spare from the factory on account of the space saver not fitting over the larger front discs (the same is true of a DStyle ordered with 19" Cairns wheel or the more recent Prestige); however, Duxford Motor Group put our reg into their system and the part number 9800721280 was spat out as the correct insert. We already had all the parts from our old car (which I'd ordered when we bought it), this is what it all looks like;

The insert for tyre gunk alone;

The shallow well with the handbrake mechanism;

The new insert, quite flimsy;

The insert with the chocks, brace, cap remover and bolt cover remover all fitted;

The wheel fitted;

There is nowhere specific for the jack but it fits quite comfortably behind the wheel - I've wrapped it in a cloth as it sits alongside the metalwork

Hope this is of help to those looking at a spare with a euro 6 Blue model (I assume the 1.6 HDi Blue is the same). Just need to remember to put the spare on the back, and accept that the wheel that comes off will have to fit in the boot.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks for the info Frank.

I don't think the raised boot floor technique is going to work here. You'd have to lift the carpet a long way to get a full size wheel in that well.

Unfortunately if you have a problem with a front wheel you need to put the spare on the back, then use the back wheel on the front. I'd have done the same though. I suggest keeping a big sheet of plastic in the car to put the removed wheel on. You've done it already haven't you?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.