Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 1.6 ds4 (diesel) , when I brought it it had had its first service , but in 3000 miles it will be dew its second service , I would like to keep in the warranty terms as it still has another year on it but do not want to pay main dealer price , what are the rules about taking it to a indepandent garage ? can I do this and still keep it in warranty terms ?

Thanks

·
Registered
95 Posts
Do a comparison, but you may find that the main dealer isn't too bad with the fixed price service offerings.

I actually took out a service plan this time around, when I got my ds4 it has saved a few extra £ off the normal costs and it's paid up over the two year period on a monthly basis so spreads the cost.

I think you'd need to check the warranty small print carefully before going elsewhere.

·
Registered
544 Posts
The second service is £220-ish so if you're being quote pd more, then haggle. The law around warranties and servicing is often incorrectly quoted as people think so long as you use OEM parts and the work is undertaken to manufacturers specifications the warranty is safe; this is true of the first two years which are a pan-European Citroen warranty, but the third year is dealer supported and there is no obligation for this to be maintained if he he car is not serviced by the dealer network.

Personally, for the sake of a small sum of money, I'd get it done by Citroen - it's also worth noting that even out of warranty a full Citroen history counts for a lot - our old Picasso needed a new clutch at 4 years old (mechanical collapse of release bearing) and due to the FCSH citroen footed the bill despite there being no obligation.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have checked with my local garage , I can use them and even use unipart parts as by law now as long as they are as the same standard as the citroen parts its all ok , they even gave me a leaflet explaining it all .

Duff morgan want 280 to do second service.

Local garage 130 , thats a big price difference.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am looking at 2nd year service costs and used a online bidding site. However after telephone local Stirling Citroen I learnt there are a few parts which Citroen recommend including diesel filter, pollen filter and brake fluid replacement over an above standard service. Having had a bad experience with this garage I considered an independent garage using genuine parts but was concerned regarding the anti perforation warranty which would be invalid. However using an authorised repairer to carry out the body inspection to extend the warranty would be around £30.

Stirling Citroen's first quote was £285 after some haggling they dropped it to £242 included all above.
Citroen Glasgow quoted £336!

Anyone able to advised if £242 is in the ball park?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts