Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

Apologies if this isn’t in the right section :).

I’m looking to get a DS4 (2011-2015) and wondering how you can retrofit Apple CarPlay (if it’s possible) and what known issues there are with the cars in general? Likely be a THP DSport 1.6 or the DStyle 2.0 Diesel.

I did read that Xenons are on the DSport as an optional extra but standard on the DStyle but I’ve not seen Xenons on either when looking?

·
Super Moderator
1,048 Posts
None of the earlier cars came with carplay, it needs the touch screen version. As far as I know, I've never seen anyone that has upgraded to the touchscreen display, mainly due to the cost and unknown work involved in making it all work.

The android headunits are another option, but they seem poor as they are old versions of andriod on some dodgy chinese system.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - Was a long shot I guess. I’ve not seen any units for sale and so will prob just pass on that idea. Anything else to look out for on these?

·
Super Moderator
1,048 Posts
There was one on ebay for a while, but the screen was cracked and they still wanted a lot for it. If it had been cheapk then I would have gone for it to see what is involved in making it work. I've got the satnav version of the old one, and is very different to the non-satnav one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah cool, fair enough.

Which DS4 engine spec did you go for? I’m looking at the 1.6 but not sure on reliability?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts