Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am currently thinking of buying a DS4 second hand from a dealer. It is 2011 on 67k miles on clock with 2.0 hdi engine 160bhp.
This particular car is with manual gearbox and the seller advise timing belt and water pump hasn't been replaced yet.
Can you please share your opinion of that car in general, engine , gearbox , turbo, injectors is 67k miles a lot ? Considering timing belt hasn't been changed yet.

Any advises will be much appreciated!
Regards

·
Super Moderator
1,077 Posts
Brilliant car, engine and gearbox.

The official timing belt interval is 150k miles or 10 years.

Mine's higher mileage, and has needed a number of suspension parts changed, I would class as wear and tear. Could be expensive if you dont do your own work on cars, garage rates are quite high these days.

What's the reg? you can check the mot history to see how well it;s been looked after or any problems in the past.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I second what David has said, brilliant engine, mines the later 180 bhp one but I have had earler citroen cars with this engine and no major issues if they are serviced as they should be

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've checked the MOT history already and looks decent. I am just really doubt as I am looking to purchase a new vehicle and I've stopped my self on that Citroen DS4 2.0 hdi 160 and VW Passat CC 2.0 tdi 170bhp (manual). I did went for a test drive on the passat and it was not bad at all. I just wanted to have a test drive on the DS4 also and then make my mind.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have ds4 dsport 2.0hdi 2011 now on 91k
Check heater bower fully working
Rear speakers let rain water in check working as it does sound beeping for sensors etc
Check no knocking on full lock while driving or any knocks or bangs
Engine bulletproof
Dpf warning before starting car
Cambelt 120k or change at 10yr whichever comes 1st
All cars get good or bad it is potluck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts