Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I'm thinking of buying a ds4 Dsport . Can anyone help me with some real on the road mpg figures plz . My main daily commute will be about 50 miles per day on motorways tnx

·
Registered
544 Posts
Are you looking at 1.6THP Petrol or 2.0HDi diesel as it makes a difference!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a D Style 2.0 Hdi Automatic with 19" wheels. Over the course of twelve months and approx. 4.500 miles I have averaged about 31mpg. This is a combination of mostly town driving and short journeys. On the motorway I can get up into the 40s mpg.
I would think this combination of Auto box and short journeys represent about as bad as it can get!
Regards

Keith

·
Registered
66 Posts
Like Keith I have a DStyle 2.0Hdi Automatic, but with the standard 18 inch wheels and having driven 5000 miles since buying the car new in July, my average mpg is currently 41.7. I don't aim to drive economically and drive on all types of road, with journeys varying from long haul 'up country' trips (from Cornwall), to regular trips to the shops a mile away. On my longer trips, with constant 70mph or there abouts, I average 46mpg. I'm hoping that as the engine loosens up, mpg will improve.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Jonny

forget the mpg the car tech inside and the looks set it apart from most things on the road. I've had the DS4 HDi 160 D sport for over a week and I am very pleased with the economy compared to my Mazda MX5 2L sport. The DS4 is a powerful car and with 6 speed. In my mind it is a much nicer car to look at than the DS5 inside and out. The road tax is reasonable for a 2 litre. Things autotrader and others leave out in their descriptions are: DAB radio with the Satnav(£750 upgrade I believe), electric parking brake, puddle lights, foot well lights, auto foldable door mirrors, chromatic dimming rear view mirror, front/rear parking sensors with parking gap measurement.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am not too concerned about the MPG averaging about 44,but my DSPORT is a big improvement on my C5.For a car with 160 bhp big 19" wheels and low profile tyres, I think that is good.
The car has plenty of power to get you out of trouble if needed and is superb on the motorway.
Even cruising is enjoyable.
Pity we have so many pot holes...... :(

·
Registered
395 Posts
Jonnyfalk,
I have to say having been a DS4head for over 2 years now it is one of the best and worst cars
I have had, and I'll tell you why....

The look of the car -crouched tiger ready to pounce- was ahead of its time and still looks good 4 years on, as many models aim to copy that SUV stance.
It has lots of kit and the sport is loaded with options.
The power from the 163bhp (160 metric!) same engine shared by PSA with Ford, Toyota and others is great. Not the fastest 0-60 but with 360nm torque one of the torquiest standard road cars, making gear flexibility and in -gear acceleration brilliant - more torque than VW equivalent engines.
Another thing with the 2.0HDi is it can easily be chipped / reprogrammed to produce around 200bhp and 430nm torque so can be a balistic missle if you like!!
Downsides are the more tech, the more to go wrong and the car does have glitches linked to Emyway system.
Also the rear seat room, non opening rear windows and access through winkle picker doors not great for a Ford Focus sized car - compromised for good looks I feel.

I would not swap mine until it gets to costly to maintain, I love it....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts