Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Please can somebody help.

My ds4 1.6 dsport was showing 'engine failure-repair needed' earlier in the week and when the car was turned on for the first time after a long period of time, the car would stutter when first driving and once driving would get better after approx 10 minutes.

Today, it came on again but now it wont get past 10mph its as if its struggling to move, if i keep my foot on the pedal is slowly goes up from 10mph and does increase but its really struggling to move, i also noticed the petrol dial going up as if its got more petrol in it as i drive.

Does anybody think this is rubbish in the tank which is why its showing more fuel. the engine failure repair needed still comes on. Also when i start the car for the first time, the engine noise (not sure if its the fan) is extremely loud even before moving, the noise only calm down 10 minutes after switching the engine off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Edited by: joshmid

·
Super Moderator
937 Posts
Because the ECU light has come on...and you didn't take it in immediately, its gone into 'LimpMode'This is the ECU preventing further damage
Its driveable but it will need recovering to your dealer Im afraid

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks a lot mate that makes sense. Into the dealership tomorrow so hoping for some good news only had it 10 months

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Garage just said it's the plugs and coils which caused the problem. Only had it 10 months picking it up later let's hope that fixes it

·
Super Moderator
937 Posts
At least its been solved....Nice result

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately still having problems as when it was plugged in it shown engine misfire replaced all 4 coils aswell as the plugs... a day later came up again nightmare will have to see what they say now

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After payingh 380 for plugs and 4 coils it was still a problem, took the car to citroen who have said its the injectors, not sure which one they think its the 4th but they're advice was to replace all 4! Which at £300 each is £1200.

Any idea is to why this is? I am going to buy injector clean for my car to see how it goes.

Also it's a DS4 DSPORT 1.6 Petrol, would putting supreme unleaded make any difference from now on?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Josh,

Seeing there's no reply after your last message fingers crossed it's been resolved.

I had the same issue with mine and it was eventually, after nearly three weeks of it in the garage, found it to be the High pressure fuel sensor, basically dumping too much fuel and causing it to flood, giving the engine failure message and sounding like a rattly tank.

Hope it's all sorted for ya matey

1 - 8 of 8 Posts