DS4OwnersClub.co.uk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am wondering if anyone else is having trouble with fuel consumption we were supposed to get any up to 64 mpg but so far only achieved 47-50.50 mpg even with very carefull driving we have done just over 4000 miles so should see some improvement! also we have a flat spot when going from first to second it ,is quite noticable we have the automatic version. would love to hear from someone else if they are having same probs. otherwise we have a problem with the car.
David

·
Registered
5 Posts
and oh .yea thare is a flat spot between 1st. and 2nd. Best to put it into manual let the engin rev. out and change gears with the paddels. mine is about three months old now and from newthe steering pulles very slightly to the left ,more noticeable on motorways had it back twice and checked myself and everything seems ok but it still pulls anyone else notice this???

·
Registered
10 Posts
hi there. i have the 2 liter hdi here in cape town and also had the slight pull to the left. took it to the. Service centre Citroen arranged and after an alignment Check the technician said he cannot adjust anything more to make it better. to make things worse i now have a slight steering wheel rattle at 110km/h. so what to do next??? Ronnie

·
Registered
5 Posts
The rattle in the steering at 110km. is not that serious one or both of your wheels is out of balance . you may have lost a balance weight off the wheel. A new car pulling to the left when the tracking, Camber, and Castor angles appear to be ok. is harder to solve. I would like to know if this is a common fault with these cars before i put a bit of pressure on Citroen to solve the problem.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Davelyn,

I've had mine for 3 weeks and no problems with my steering. Driven in town and long motorway journeys and no issues so assume it's not a general fault.

With regards to fuel economy, I get an average of 44MPG with the manual 2HDI so 47 - 50 with the automatic 1.6 sounds about right.

Steve

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
I assume you've checked the obvious and made sure tyre pressures are correct and the same in your tyres?

Some places can do four wheel laser alignment which is much better at checking tracking etc. than the standard two wheel alignment most places do. Would usually mean paying for this out of your own pocket though if your dealerdoesn'tdo it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
@RonnieBaas,I have got the exact same problems with my 2.0 HDi an i stay in Pretoria.She pulls slightly to the left and has got a small rattle om the steering wheel at exactly 110km/h which softens out as you pass 120km/h.Already checked alignment and balancing and all ok.Maybe just one of those manufacturing glitches.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hi stephan, i Will be up in your area for 14 months from 20th February to do my pilots licence. maybe we can hook up for a beer. let me know on 0722933385. Ronnie Baas

·
Registered
19 Posts
@ Ronniebaas.Will definitely do so!I am an ATPL pilot myself!Looks like great minds think alike.Just in Afghanistan at the moment until mid March but will give you a shout!Dunno what happened to the previous post!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the same issue, averaging around 49 - 52mpg. I drive 500 miles a week , 50mile journey twice a weekday. The car has now done over 7000miles and spent almost 4 weeks off the road with the dealership for investigation into noises, vibrations and poor fuel consumption. (Note that the handbook says fuel consumption will settle down after 1,800miles.)

I raised my concerns with the dealership within the first two weeks of taking delivery of the car in October 11. I have also complained direct to Citroen UK. Only this week I received a letter from Citroen UK stating 'The fuel consumption is within the expected range for regular day to day use and doesn't indicate a problem.'

For me, the principal selling feature of this car was the advertised fuel consumption. The alternatives were BMW 3 series and Ford Focus both rated at 52mpg in 2litre diesel auto. Whilst the Citroen has good looks, if the fuel consumption had not been so significantly greater than 52mpg, the quirky gearbox - which I was told is how the advertised great economy is achieved - is hardly a selling point.

It is interesting to note the quote from Linda Jackson the MD of Citroen UK...'Buying a car is a big commitment and customers need to feel confident.' I did when I bought it, but now I feel conned - and let down by both the dealership and Citroen UK.

·
Registered
10 Posts
stephan, maybe we should discuss piloting matters etc away from this forum my email adress is [email protected]. I will do my ppl, CPL and night + instrument ratings at Skyhawk. what do you think of them and any comments? Ronnie

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi dan
yes checkied tyre pressure, swopped front wheels, swopped wheels front to back,but made no difference.car is too new for tyres to show signs of wear patterns. steering was checked is two different workshops useing the latest 4 wheel tracking systems and data obtained from citroen . checked it myself useing a 2 wheel tracking system and it showed -0deg. 5min. which is ok.according to the data. Anyone know if the power steering can cause a bias one way or the other????

regards david

·
Registered
164 Posts
Just got my 1.6 diesel EGS two weeks ago and having major problems with pulling to left. Vibrations at 110kph AND poor fuel consumption. Come on Citroën. Brought it back to garage and was told everything is OK !. Well its not. for an expensive new car this is NOT good enough Edited by: Hutch

·
Registered
2 Posts
have to agree not that happy with the ds style 1.6 egs ..... only 47 mpg with gental driving now have 4000 on the clock ... i should have purchased a golf blue motion .... i dont thick we will buy citroen again had 5 over the last 6 or so years ... the steering wheel is not centered ... from new also the covering on it is comming off [ black bits over hands etc ] dealer no help as ive phoned them more than a few times ..... if i had to buy again .... i think it would be german ...... car is not nice to drive .......

·
Registered
25 Posts
Debbo & Hutch
If you have not yet done so I suggest you contact Citroen UK direct .. there is an email link on the Citroen UK website. It may not immediately resolve our concerns re excessive fuel consumption, but there is strength in the number of owners complaining - rather than just a single individual.

The first response I got was 'varies with driving style' and then when I complained again, the response was ' the fuel consumption is within expected range for regular day to day use'. My car has now done over 11,000 and returns around 52mpg (based on 2 x50mile journeys each day). However this is well outside the advertised range of 58.9 - 68.9 - and not even near to the higher consumption figure of 58.9mpg.

As regards steering wheel alignment and black bits coming off the steering wheel - to apply the usual Citroen (and other car manufacturers') first test - which is to go and look at another vehicle to see if this is the same - my car's steering wheel is properly aligned and there are no 'bits' coming off the steering wheel hence you have defects which should be corrected. As Hutch says this is not a cheap car.

A recent quote from the UK MD of Citroen UK is that buying a new car is a big investment and buyers ...'need to be confident' --[in the product they are buying]. Probably like you, I was confident when I bought it, but not any more.
I would be interested to know what responses you get from Citroen.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Thanks Zippy. The alignment has improved a bit, with the car now driving in a straighter line than before (still not great though). However the fuel consumption has not improved, still consuming about 30 - 35„… more fuel than the manufacturers claim, (on which I made my purchase decision). I have written to Citroen Ireland, but have not received any response to date. I will pursue this further.

I'm also having slight issue with intermittent Bluetooth connectivity. Not sure if its the car or the phone.

·
Registered
14 Posts
HI guys,i drive the 200 THP model and apart from poor fuel consumption compared to what the handbook says i have had no problems with pulling to the left or noises/ vibrations, car goes like a dream. Did have an intermittent parking sensor fault which carried on beeping at me when i was nowhere near anything (happened on 2 occasions). Turned the engine off then restarted and this cleared the problem so hopefully a teething problem as not reoccuerd for past few weeks.

Bluetooth working fine

·
Registered
27 Posts
I also have the 200 THP model and no issues. Just a "clank" noice when I start her, but not sure if it should be like that. Fuel consumption is not great, but not bad either. But way off from manufacturer claims.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts