Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have at last got rid of my 2 year old DS4 which as far as I am concerned is the worst PSA product I have ever had. A beautiful looking car spoilt by what can only be described as dodgy electronics -particularly the gearbox and further by poor dealer service and Citroen (lack of )customer service. I have always had respect for PSA group products having owned2 BX's ,2XM's(brilliant) , Xantia, 406,307SW, 407Estate,and C4 Coupe but never again.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Sorry to here that you had a bad experience , my car is 2 year old in March and has been really good , no problems with it . But I understand you frustration . I hope you have better luck with your next car , what are you having ?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Bobble thats sad, Ive had 5 Citroens and happy with all of them. Hope you get on with your new car. As SBK asked what are you going for?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Sorry to here that BobbleI've had a few little niggles with mine,which is annoying,but customer service from my local dealer has always been spot on.
I can understand your frustration!
Got to say I will not be keeping mine after the warranty has expired

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have gone for a Volvo V40 D2 SE Lux. No charge for Road Fund due to low emissions, similar insurance, stupid MPG and superb safety features. Only had it a few days but feels great and super quality.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Rev G said:
Volvo V40 good choice

Think I might take Chuds advice and change when warranty over
That's what I'm going to do ,though I might get rid next September while it's still got 6 months warranty left on it . Don't know what to go for though ..

·
Registered
164 Posts
Been thinking the same, but can't decide what to go for, looking at new SEAT Leon or Audi A3Think there's way too many niggles on the Citroen. Pity, because it is a nice car and my C5 was excellent.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Seem to be a lot of people whose main plan for their DS4 is to dump it

Worth while pointing out to the casual observer that people often come onto forums looking for answers to a problem, which tends to skew the perception of a car being reliable or not, as not many join just to say they've have no problems!
Edited by: Hoovie

·
Registered
578 Posts
Hoovie said:
Seem to be a lot of people whose main plan for their DS4 is to dump it

Worth while pointing out to the casual observer that people often come onto forums looking for answers to a problem, which tends to skew the perception of a car being reliable or not, as not many join just to say they've have no problems!
Thats probably generally true but I havent had any problems with my DS4
I came on the forum to get info on LEDs; its probably fear drive sme to change it when the warranty expires

If I do chnage next year it will probably be to get a V40 D3 (but need chat the wife up!)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Mines staying where it is. With me. No plans to change when the warranty is out. Xx

·
Registered
312 Posts
I'm with Rev on this one, I haven't had any problems with my DS4 .I'm not sure about my gearbox if I'm honest even though my dealer say's "they all do that " , so yeah "its fear" that's telling me tomove iton . Don't know what I would like though so maybe I'll keep it .

·
Registered
164 Posts
I think the value of this forum is that you get an honest appraisal of the car, warts and all. I have test driven a few different cars recently and will admit that when I get back in the DS4, I do appreciate its many merits, including its distinctiveness, which makes me want to keep it. My main issue is the software glitches and Citroens inability to find a fix, even after 18 months. Maybe I was just unlucky and I'm glad other users have had no such problems. Without these glitches it would be a very fine car indeed.

·
Registered
164 Posts
OK I take it all back, having looked at a few different cars now, I still haven't found one with the charm and character of the DS4 and I still really enjoy its drive, so I think I'll be holding on to it

·
Registered
94 Posts
I got my DS4 last week after driving:

Kia C'eed
hyundai i30
Seat Leon
Seat ibiza
Renault Clio 0.9TCE

This was by far the car which felt like it had a presence when I got in it and not just a box on wheels. The others felt lifeless to some extent, especially the Kia C'eed which I was hoping to lovebecauseof the 7yr warranty that comes with it.

The only niggle I have with my car is that it feels slow compared to my Clio 197 with decat and remap, not sure why but I think it may be because it weighs considerably more and doesn't have the 211 or so BHP, but that's just an educated guess.

I do love it but it will take time to remember I cant accelerate uphill doing 30 in 6th anymore

Edited by: Newkiebrown

·
Registered
578 Posts
Hutch said:
OK I take it all back, having looked at a few different cars now, I still haven't found one with the charm and character of the DS4 and I still really enjoy its drive, so I think I'll be holding on to it

Well done

·
Registered
164 Posts
Have to agree. The alternatives look good on paper, but when you sit in to them, just think Meh!. They don't exactly light your fire. Think I prefer character with some idiosyncracies, than bland.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hutch said:
Have to agree. The alternatives look good on paper, but when you sit in to them, just think Meh!. They don't exactly light your fire. Think I prefer character with some idiosyncracies, than bland.
That sums up exactly what,was happening when I was looking .... Had no idea what car to get to replace my stolen RAV4, and looked around and around, and as soon as I saw the DS4 it was "mmmmm, nice" and then inside it was "wow!", and every other car I looked at just couldn't compare inside at all, even though outside, a few were close.

Well.... One car DID make me think I should change my mind, TBH ..... Wile waiting around the Citroen showroom, I sat in a DS5 .... That really was a "WOW!!!" for me, but more then I wanted to spend.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts