Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helo all, im new to forums and after a bit of advice. I have not long had my DS4 and i aboslutely love it, probably one of the nicest cars ive ever owned. My bluetooth has always been a bit hit and miss and constantly disconnects itself for no reason (only connects for around 20 seconds), this was a small issue but something i could get by with as i just started to use the AUX port. However 2 days a go my AUX decided to stop working (tried multiple cables), my music plays on the phone but with no sound from the speakers and the screen just says there is no aux sound. On top of all this my "Media menu" with the choices of bluetooth, cd, aux etc is just greyed out and does not let me sekect any options.

Has anyone else had these issues and does anyone know of any fixes? I hope all this makes sense as im starting to get irritated with the situation.

thanks guys, appreciate all the replies.

·
Registered
191 Posts
How old is your DS4, it could mean a trip to the dealer. (which may be difficult currently)

I'm assuming there's no difference when you turn off the engine then start again. What is the full model/trim of your DS4.?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How old is your DS4, it could mean a trip to the dealer. (which may be difficult currently)

I'm assuming there's no difference when you turn off the engine then start again. What is the full model/trim of your DS4.?
Its a 12 plate, 2.0 HDi DSport. Turning the engine on and off makes no difference unfortunately

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'm not familiar enough with the 2012 model to know what your entertainment system is. (mine is a 2016 DS4) I thought I might be able to help base on what I have.
Sorry about that. Perhaps someone else will know.

·
Super Moderator
988 Posts
Is it a satnav version? They have different head units. I've for the satnav one and never had any issue with bluetooth. I've read the non-satnav one isn't great and a bit flaky.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it a satnav version? They have different head units. I've for the satnav one and never had any issue with bluetooth. I've read the non-satnav one isn't great and a bit flaky.
Yeah its the satnav version, although the satnav is quite dated as well to be honest.

·
Super Moderator
988 Posts
I updated the firmware and maps on mine, you can find them for free if you search the internet, or buy them off some ripoff merchant on the facebook DS4 page.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I updated the firmware and maps on mine, you can find them for free if you search the internet, or buy them off some ripoff merchant on the facebook DS4 page.
How were you able to do that? I've been looking on how to but seem to only find people saying I'll have to take it to the garage to do it.

·
Super Moderator
988 Posts
You want the RT6 upgrade to 2.86. There might be newer now, but this all worked for me. It's about 50Mb to download.

The maps tend to come with lots of maps, around 5Gb on the last one I got. The UK part is only around about 350Mb. If short on memory stick space then you could delete the data part of the maps, there's a lot of set up files that refer to them, so you cant remove them completely, just dont try install the ones you deleted the data from.

You might need to delete some old maps as the new maps are bigger. I had to ditch north eastern europe, south east europe, russia, etc, not likely to drive there.

And the maps are painfully slow at updating. Around 20 to 40 minutes a map, and the car needs to be running the full time. Otherwise it shuts off and goes to sleep part way through. Or if you start or stop the engine it reset it too.
I tried the igniton off on, that works, but if you forget then back to the beginning again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You want the RT6 upgrade to 2.86. There might be newer now, but this all worked for me. It's about 50Mb to download.

The maps tend to come with lots of maps, around 5Gb on the last one I got. The UK part is only around about 350Mb. If short on memory stick space then you could delete the data part of the maps, there's a lot of set up files that refer to them, so you cant remove them completely, just dont try install the ones you deleted the data from.

You might need to delete some old maps as the new maps are bigger. I had to ditch north eastern europe, south east europe, russia, etc, not likely to drive there.

And the maps are painfully slow at updating. Around 20 to 40 minutes a map, and the car needs to be running the full time. Otherwise it shuts off and goes to sleep part way through. Or if you start or stop the engine it reset it too.
I tried the igniton off on, that works, but if you forget then back to the beginning again.

I appreciate all the help you're giving me, I have downloaded the update to a pen drive after formatting as people are saying to, No luck though as when I plug it in it just says there is no music files on it and then just resumes playing the radio. Is it better to use a cd?

·
Super Moderator
988 Posts
Are you updating the firmware or maps when doing that?

Reading quickly on google, some are saying the firmware needs to be done by CD. Dont remember doing that on mine, pretty sure it was just the USB

·
Registered
191 Posts
I appreciate all the help you're giving me, I have downloaded the update to a pen drive after formatting as people are saying to, No luck though as when I plug it in it just says there is no music files on it and then just resumes playing the radio. Is it better to use a cd?
Are you extracting the contents of the zip file you downloaded to a folder on your computer and then copying the contents of the folder to the root of the USB pen drive.?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Are you updating the firmware or maps when doing that?

Reading quickly on google, some are saying the firmware needs to be done by CD. Dont remember doing that on mine, pretty sure it was just the USB
Trying to update the firmware, not the maps just yet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Are you extracting the contents of the zip file you downloaded to a folder on your computer and then copying the contents of the folder to the root of the USB pen drive.?
Yes I have extracted all files onto the formatted memory stick

·
Super Moderator
988 Posts
Thinking back, maybe I did use a CD, I found a boxof tesco black CDs and seem to remember buying it for something recently, and the car update would have been the only thing.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts