Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, nice to be with you folks. I bought my DS4 2.0L(2013)last month and am really delighted it's a great car, however I have a couple of concerns I would like to share with you all and hopefully get a bit of guidance.
1)It drifts to the left slowly, not pulling just a gentle drift when you take your hands off the steering, I have checked the pressures and they are spot on the tyres are similar tread depths and both Michelin, the dealer(Machargs in Glasgow)checked the tracking twice and it still drifts.
2)The second point has happened three times all during the first week and has not happened since, when I turned on the ignition there was a rather noisy judder from the engine, I switched off immediately tried again and it started OK, three times this happened and nothing since, the dealer checked this and could not find a problem or repeat the judder. My thoughts now are the 60 day warranty is up at the end of this month so would appreciate any feedback please.
Thanks folks
Drew Merriles

·
Registered
544 Posts
Welcome - all cars tend to pull to the left to a greater or lesser degree, as the road cambers slightly away from the centre line! The DS4 with its wide tyres might make this feel more apparent.

Regarding the noise it almost sounds like it isn't firing on all cylinders when you start the engine, I take it the Citroen dealer has checked the car on Lexia to see if any faults are recorded?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Frank appreciated.
I am aware of the camber but felt there may be another issue I may well live with this. Still not sure about the judder the car runs well and was serviced and had covered 600 miles before I took delivery, it felt as if something was slipping or loose, think I will have a chat with the Citroen dealer in Glasgow.
Regards
Drew Merriles

·
Registered
69 Posts
With regard to the judder/rough running on starting (its something I have had on and off for a while), I have spoken to my old dealer and on his last tech update there is a special update that can be downloaded by the dealer that will apparently cure this problem. He did say it doesn't come through the normal Citroen update system and that the temp sensor has to strangely be reading below 15 degrees for the update to be applied successfully. I'm having mine done in November hopefully when I can organise some time to travel back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts