Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a December 2016, DS4, 2.0 Blue HDi Prestige (180ps) (S/S) EAT6, Automatic, with 27000miles on the clock.

Problem - Suffered a lot of non-starting faults over a few months with various faults displayed. Sometimes the car would start and sometimes not.
So when I had a good day of engine starting it was booked in for a check at the Citroen dealer I bought it from and it turns out the Battery Management Module needs replacing at a cost of £500. This had to be paid for upfront as the part had to be ordered specifically for my car.
The part arrived but cannot be fitted for another 2 weeks. I was wanting to get rid of the car at this point but they wouldn't take in PX because of the fault.

Unfortunately the car will not now start at all. Latest fault shows Key Not Recognised. I did disconnect the Positive Battery Terminal hoping this would reset the system but it didn't. As it's an automatic it won't move because it's stuck in Park with electric handbrake on.
If I cannot start the car I cannot get it to dealer for replacement BMM to be fitted. Neither of the two keys work, other than open the doors. Nothing else operates, not even the fold-out side mirrors.
I am well and truly fed up with this car.
Does anyone have any ideas how to get it to move? Is there a way of resetting the key(s) to recognise the car? I'd really appreciate your help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update - called my Breakdown company and they have got it onto a low-loader and taken to Citroen garage for the BMM to be fitted. Hopefully this will cure the fault.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
David, the Battery Management Module controls all the electrics including the electric Start/Stop, electric Handbrake peripheral items (side mirrors etc). Various random error messages appear on the centre info display. The keys have to be remapped, which I have done several times in the box under the armrest. But the BMM seems to have packed up completely.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got the car back today and apparently the part is the 'Battery Management and Protection Unit'. That's the thing that sits on top of the battery which I didn't know before.
So far, so good. Everything works as it should.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts