DS4OwnersClub.co.uk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car has been starting fine since we picked it up on Sat but yesterday the car would not start. The lights / radio came on but no turnover. Took the key out and tried again and the car started OK. Happened 3 times yesterday however did start first time on other occassions. Thought it could be an issue with the key communicating with the immobiliserso have used the spare key since and so far no issues. Anyone else have this issue? I know Citroen's are not the most reliable of cars but starting to worry we will be spending a lot of time at our local dealer.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I would contact the dealer those keys are expensive. Citroen's arn't as unreliable as the press would have you belive,Ive hadthree and had no problems with any of them.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I would agree in the past i did 150,000 with 2 BX estates with only 1 hydraulic hose split. So far the DS has been 100%

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reassurance. I'vepreviously hadseveral German cars whichvisited the dealer network on numerousoccasions so its all relative. We nearly choose the Countryman which according toonline forums is plaged with problems. It seems mostof the problems reported here are intermittent in nature which in turn are difficult to diagnose.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi nunp,
Make sure you step on the brake pedal before cranking the engine and the gear in neutral- or else it wont start!

·
Registered
164 Posts
This is my 3rd Citroen in a row and no reliability issues at all. Had an Audi years back and was regularly back in the shop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts