Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new to the forum so apologies in advance if this sounds like a bit of a noob question or if its been discussed before or in the wrong section.

had my ds4 for just about a year now.....service book says that the first service is due at 12,500 miles or two years. just wanted to check with others that i'm correct in my understanding of the service book as i appear to have been given one for a ds3 from the citroen dealership. it seems to suggest more frequent servicing for sporty models and 2 years for 1.6 regular models etc.....my ds4 is the 1.6 bottom range model.

also, had my car parked recently on a steep incline (car sitting sideways on a hill). when i got back in, the service light came on and the central console display said to check oil level. i have seen this happen before with other cars i've had but the ds4's dipstick is not (let's say) your 'typical' dipstick....with a conical head and conical fixing near the junction with the rod. i've checked it a few times since that first happened.....on the flat and it's sitting just above the mid-way point (between the lower and higher conical heads). wouldn't have thought that'd still cause the service indicator/warning messages to still appear but they are! maybe i'm misreading the dipstick and it's half full and just giving me a heads-up at this stage to top it up?????

any help or advice appreciated.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Mine is a DSport and the service light came on and told me when the service is dueWhich works out at 2yrs or 20000 miles
As for checking the oil I don't bother,if the light comes on my wife gets it checked at work
(she works at a garage)so can't help you with that but I'm sure some one will.
Welcome by the way

·
Registered
395 Posts
On the sport you can find out when next service due by pressing service indicator button on dash - shows mileage until next service. I assume all models will have this, but agree with Chud it is about 20k.

·
Registered
578 Posts
AllyC yes the 1.6 hdidoes need servicing every 12500 miles or 2 years.For some reason only 2.0hdi are serviced every 2 years or 20000!

Its likely the tilt of the car affected the oil reading.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts