Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmmm upgrading from my 2013 petrol ds3 to the Dstyle Nav Ds4 with the new 120 s&s engine!

lets hope if i get any problems you guys can help!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Congratulations, picked up a 2015 DSport 160 with Nav yesterday too, hope you are as happy as we are so far. Look forward to seeing the pics. Edited by: Becki_Justin

·
Registered
176 Posts
Seen a few for sale but non in the road yet either. I haven't seen a huge number of DS4 on the road, seem to see a lot more Nissan Jukes, although they might just be a bit more distinctive and this more easily 'seen', will have to look at sales numbers for both to see if it's real or not!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went for the dstyle nav as i got a deal on my ds3 that i could not refuse very happy so far! i went for all polar white. i contanplated get a contrast pack with black roof etc but i think all polar white with the exsiting black on the car looks the nuts!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Sounds great congratulations, let's see some pics

·
Registered
176 Posts
Be very careful washing it, my friend who is a professional detailer said the paint on these is extremely soft and easily scratched. I'm having ours coated with GTechniq Crystal Serum soon which puts a layer on the surface which is tougher than the current lacquer and last for 7 years.

·
Super Moderator
937 Posts
Yes the paint is softish, but not in the same league as Honda/Japanese paint
Applying GTechniq Serum is an answer, but out of the equation for most people...An average price to apply not including all the prep work would be at least £250..so possibly £400+ on a DS4 sized car from start to finish (It must be applied by an approved Pro)
A good Ceramic sealant like GTechniq C1 or Carbon Collective Platinum can easily be applied by anyone with some basic detailing knowledge and will last for more than two years if applied to a cleansed paint surface
I can offer this service if anyone is interested, but not Serum..LOL
Just eMail me and book it in
Chris
(ChrisRs Detailing, Bingley, West Yorks)

Edited by: Chris

·
Registered
36 Posts
I find it's the pearlescent paint which is soft and easily marked. I have the Babylon Red and after 9 months began to notice a few scuffs and cleaning marks. I'm more careful now, but previous ordinary citroen metallic paint seemed more hard wearing.
It still looks great when cleaned, so I can put up with it.

MSH

1 - 13 of 13 Posts