Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my wife's car is coming up with a parking brake fault, eps and service. Anti roll back system does not work. Parking brake is released by pressing foot brake and hand brake button.

Any help would be appreciated or can I get a diagnostic kit somewhere as I don't want to go to citroen and get ripped off. Thanks

·
Registered
159 Posts
Possibly a sensor issue on one of the wheels that's throwing the whole system out. Be hard to tell though without being able to read if there are any error codes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi my wife's car is coming up with a parking brake fault, eps and service. Anti roll back system does not work. Parking brake is released by pressing foot brake and hand brake button.

Any help would be appreciated or can I get a diagnostic kit somewhere as I don't want to go to citroen and get ripped off. Thanks
Hi! I was wondering what resolution you found for this? My DS4 is doing the exact same thing.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Hi! I was wondering what resolution you found for this? My DS4 is doing the exact same thing.
I've just had the same fault pop up on mine the past 2 days. Oddly in the exact same place on the same road. Both times I've pulled over, stopped the car with the handbrake working just fine. Started it up again and the warnings go.

Be interested if either of you had a solution?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi there I've got same error too did you manage to get it sorted I got told off a garage it's a handbrake module part number 470217 got price from garage quoted at £800.00 plus vat

·
Registered
4 Posts

I've just had the same fault pop up on mine the past 2 days. Oddly in the exact same place on the same road. Both times I've pulled over, stopped the car with the handbrake working just fine. Started it up again and the warnings go.

Be interested if either of you had a solution?
SOLUTION.

I had the rear coil spring go in my car and it stopped coming up with the error for afew days and then started again. I added brake fluid and the error has been gone around a week now. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Update I got errors fixed I ended up changing over handbrake module and rear sensors and problems fixed it cost a few quid to get fixed I have a engine management light on with message air mixture so i am having to change throttle body air doser also a few quid so hopefully when part arrives that's all problems gone

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same problem with ours. Turned out to be brake peddle switch which is located under dash on passenger side. Changed brake switch same problem then checked continuity of the 4 pins faulty switch so took back and replaced. Take multimeter with you and check pins. 2 out of 3 switches were faulty. Put new switch in and done a brake calibration problem sorted cost to fix £12.07

1 - 10 of 10 Posts