Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new to all this. I bought my ds4 prestige 3 weeks ago and I love it gadgets galore gorgeous looks and the engine performance for a 1.2 has blown me away. But after 2 weeks and 300 miles I was driving home from work when my dashboard started bleeping telling me I had engine failure and the car went into limp mode. I've returned the car back to the garage and they have told me that the ecu has failed and needs replacing. They have had my car for over a week now and I'm loosing patience.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I've not heard of any issues with the 1.2 puretech issue across Peugeot, Citroën or DS brands, I suspect this is a unique situation and you've been unlucky - hopefully they will get you back on the road soon.

How did you find the engine (when it was working), I quite fancy this unit next as we don't need diesel, simply the only choice I had was a 1.6VTi (no thanks...) or the 1.6THP which I couldn't find when we were looking

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The engine blew me away still can't believe it's 1.2 obviously not the fastest car on the road but more than quick enough for me sounds wonderful when you put your foot down. Unfortunately still no joy with the car had to get Citroen uk involved this morning.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gave me a ds3 to use and have now said they will give me a brand new car that was last Thursday but after phoning 3 times I still can't find out if they have found a replacement or are having to order one from production.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Blimey - have they told you what is wrong with it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No originally told me that the ecu needed replacing but when it got to the garage after nearly 4 weeks and was fitted faults where still showing that's when citreon uk decided to give me a new car now I'm waiting for them to OK the cost to the garage for repairing the faulty car before the garage will order me a new one. This is getting ridiculous it's been nearly 5 weeks now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts