Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are looking at taking a personal lease on a DS4 EGS6 auto diesel to coincide with the new registration plate in Sept. Apart from a test drive we have not seen a DS4 on the road and asked our Lincoln dealer for sales info by model by type by year - he didn't know and referred me to Citroen UK who then referred me back to the dealer. I have now done this - anybody got any info?
Second I have read this forum and am concerned with the DAB4 / Bluetooth saga - is there an official answer yet?
Finally the question of the Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) which will fail if you are not doing the correct diesel type driving - again I asked my dealer who said not an issue but did not know the cost of a replacement DPF - I have heard £1k and it is not covered by any warranty.
I will welcome any info from this forum.
Thanks and regards.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Terry there have been many discussions re the dab Bluetooth, I have not got the diesel so can't comment someone will enlighten u on the dab issue but I have seen the end of the year quoted as a fix date for thisEdited by: deresim

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hi Terry
Youcan find out about sales information on howmanyleft.co.uk.

It tells how many registered by model year or combined . It isn't up to date though the last figures areup to the first quarter of 2013 when nearly 6000 were registered .There are a lot of 13 plates about so there is a lot more.

I haven't got the DAB radio as mine is a 2012 model but I have no trouble with my Bluetooth .

My car is the 2.0 hdi manual and they are very good ,I would avoid the auto and the 1.6 hdi seems very underpowered . I would try both engines and gearboxesand see what you think,horses for courses ect .There is a massive difference in performance and hardly anything when it comes to mpg .

I haven't had any dpf problems and I drive to work and back ,8 mile each way on urban and A roads . I rarely drive on motorways . The dpf isn't covered on any make of car warranty , BBC Watchdog did a program on it .

·
Registered
578 Posts
Terry Ive also a 2.0diesel and would recommend it over the 1.6 as SBK says.
Also the dpf hasnt given me any issues and mines a 2011. I dont have dab, my usb and bluetooth has had no issues and the sat nav which had a problem with very slow boot up and black screen is now sorted with a Citroen software update under warrantty.

Its a great car

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have the 1.6 EGS6 and don't find it underpowered. I previously had a 1.6 EGS Citroen C4 (old shape) and I find they've made a lot of improvements to the engine and EGS system. There's an extra 5bhp, smoother gear changes, stop/start, auto-creep and I love the tiny gear stick.

In the C4 I mostly used to put it into manual mode and press the 'sport' button (no longer an option but speeded up the gear changes) and use the paddles as it was easier to smooth out the gear changes. In the DS4 I don't bother with manual mode and just drive it like an automatic.

I do have the DAB/bluetooth problems (the DAB is great but stops the bluetooth phone connection being usable) and we're still waiting for a fix from Citroen that they promise by the end of the year. I hope I don't get any DPF problems as I don't drive the car every day (take public transport to work) and it mostly get used for short journeys with the occasional long motorway trip to visit relatives. I've had the car for 3 and a half months and it's only done just over 1,000 miles so far.

Edited by: DoomWolf

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for your various replies. We think we are going to go for the 1.6 auto diesel. Thanks again.

Cheers

Terry Ward

1 - 6 of 6 Posts