Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found theses on internet today will they make it ?

and if yes would you buy ?

·
Registered
312 Posts
I like the white one,I don't think I could see myself driving the one with orange wheels.
Would I buy one ? If the price was right yes but when you see how much they ask for the DS3 racing I doubt it . They'll probably price it against some real nice cars .

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'm a tad confused. The first white one is really a sport with dechromed mirrors and grill. I have the xenons and 19" two tone alloys. The big oddity is it appears to be a3 door as does the red one. What is advantage of that, as 4 is meant to look like coupe with hidden rear doors anyway?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Do you think the orange one is just a photoshop job?The others look ok but not as good as the prototype pics

·
Registered
395 Posts
I think that all the pictures are 'touched, up. As a Google search on DS4R shows a different picture again, with lower spoilers, a clear twin exhaust, and still 5 door.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Pete you nailed it.Thats the one I saw and to be fair it looks good in the matt look - the other 3 seem to be someboyd's go at photo-shopping, std cars I think.

My worry's are:
1. The DS3 sport is about £23k (some £4k more than top DS3 with trimmings) so what are they going to sell the DS4 for? A current 4 sport with all the trimmings comes in at £26.5k so £30k+ would be a steep price to pay for this compared to a sporty Audi A3 or BMW, and nigh on 50% more than a Ford Focus ST3 with similar looks and performance?
2. My car with 160 diesel chipped to 197 has arguably too much torque etc, even for wide 19" wheels, so having say 260bhp (to compete with similar eg Golf GTI/Ford ST/Astra VXR), would need some very creative suspension - which adds to price.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hi there got this email back from citroen today so no ds4 racing yet

15256927 ""“ DS4 Racing<br style="line-height: 22px; color: rgb68, 68, 68; font-family: Citroen, Arial, Courier, 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; text-align: justify;"><br style="line-height: 22px; color: rgb68, 68, 68; font-family: Citroen, Arial, Courier, 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; text-align: justify;">Peter, thank you for your email.<br style="line-height: 22px; color: rgb68, 68, 68; font-family: Citroen, Arial, Courier, 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; text-align: justify;">Currently the DS3 Electro Shot is due to be shown at the Geneva Motor Show 2013. The DS4 Racing is a concept car, and it is yet to be confirmed if this will be produced for sale.<br style="line-height: 22px; color: rgb68, 68, 68; font-family: Citroen, Arial, Courier, 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; text-align: justify;">Please check our Citroën website for up to date information on new vehicles.<br style="line-height: 22px; color: rgb68, 68, 68; font-family: Citroen, Arial, Courier, 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; text-align: justify;"><br style="line-height: 22px; color: rgb68, 68, 68; font-family: Citroen, Arial, Courier, 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; text-align: justify;">Regards,<br style="line-height: 22px; color: rgb68, 68, 68; font-family: Citroen, Arial, Courier, 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; text-align: justify;">Dominique<br style="line-height: 22px; color: rgb68, 68, 68; font-family: Citroen, Arial, Courier, 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; text-align: justify;">CUK

·
Registered
267 Posts
I read in the UK Evo magazine that Citroen has canned the DS4 R...I was hoping the model to materialse this year...

·
Registered
395 Posts
It comes back to my comment in another thread - will they renew these models? I'm not sure.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i dont think they will i think they will bring some else out to replace it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts