Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi allI would like a bit of info about the Satnav in the DS4.

I'm currently shopping for my new car, looking to get something under a year old with Satnav and hopefully the Habana seats

I have read on the good old web that the Satnav that comes built as an option is not a touch screen device as per the norm. Instead you have to input the address by the controls, surely in this day and age that cannot be correct.

If it is then I'll think I'll pass on the Satnav option and concentrate on the watchstrap seat. Trying to get both is proving more difficult than I thought.

·
Registered
470 Posts
unfortunately, the navi does not come with touch screen - thats the major drawback in the car I guess, its hard to operate it on the controls...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info DShark. I was really hoping the bits I read about it were wrong. Thats a big deal breaker for me now but I suppose it gives me more options. Just have to find a car with the Habana seats :)

·
Registered
470 Posts
go for them, they look swish, and if possible try to get the cockpit in leather too (dunno if available in the UK)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DShark said:
go for them, they look swish, and if possible try to get the cockpit in leather too (dunno if available in the UK)
Afraid the cockpit is not in leather, the only parts are the seats and the gear lever cover. You Europeans have a much better choice for the trim. I saw a full Habana leather interior on Youtube and it looked fantastic, I was so hoping you could get the same here but it seems not.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Ive got the sat nav and it dosnt have touch screen, neither does it take UK post codes
you have to type in the address BUT after 10 mins of putting the destination in its works very well (so long as it has the recent software upgrade)

·
Registered
472 Posts
I find now it does not bother me, I can enter an address in a couple of mins and it is very accurate getting you there, to begin with I saw the no post codes as a major problem but not any more, we do a lot of camping in the summer and the long and lat entry is great for out of the way camp sites

·
Registered
472 Posts
Fortunately don't need them for the satnav YET

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just got my DS4 and added the E-Myway, I think it gets alot of bed rep on here, so far ive found it great. No touchscreen butdoesn'treally matter (no dirty fingerprints on the screen), dials/controls are easy to use, maps/directions/navigation arefarbetter than most sat nav apps, portable tomtom sat navs i have used recently. When entering an adress it automatically removes certain letters to make it quicker if it knows that village, town, city does not have a street containing those letters etc.

Traffic updates are good. No post code support butaddressesand POI are spot on, i went to remote parts of wales this week and was easily able to findaddresseswith no post code or i picked a town/village that i hadnt visited before and selected a POI such as a tourist attraction that sounded like was worth a visit.

Its running the latest software update.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds like it is easier to use than I thought. How does it get the traffic updates ???? from your phone ???? and tell me, does it have speed cameras

·
Registered
470 Posts
the ones sold in Poland don't have speed cameras, updates released by Citroen on CD, available at dealers, unfortuantely quite expensive

·
Registered
31 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well thats nice to know,might as well put the sat nav back on shopping list of cars. Does the screen also double up as the info for tracks albums when you play your mp3's.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah can change screen to radio/ipod instead or half radio half directions, also direction i.e right turn and distance and road name comes up in middle of centre dial!!

·
Registered
578 Posts
fergies_army said:
Just got my DS4 and added the E-Myway, I think it gets alot of bed rep on here, so far ive found it great.  No touchscreen but  doesn't  really matter (no dirty fingerprints on the screen), dials/controls are easy to use, maps/directions/navigation are  far  better than most sat nav apps, portable tomtom sat navs i have used recently.  When entering an adress it automatically removes certain letters to make it quicker if it knows that village, town, city does not have a street containing those letters etc.

Traffic updates are good.  No post code support but  addresses  and POI are spot on, i went to remote parts of wales this week and was easily able to find  addresses  with no post code or i picked a town/village that i hadnt visited before and selected a POI such as a tourist attraction that sounded like was worth a visit.

Its running the latest software update.
Is your car new? If so you will have the updates. Mines an 11plate and was very slow booting up with a black screen. I had software updates from Citroen and it cured the problem. Yup Im satisfied with it

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah brand new, delivered last week so latest software, boots really quick, map has loaded quicker than put my seatbelt on and put it in gear!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Same here once you get used to it is great and like you say no finger prints

1 - 20 of 21 Posts