Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

New to this forum and just bought the wife a 2014 DS4 1.6 HDi Airdream.
Had many Citroens over past 30 years, AX's , Xantias , ZXs , DS3's.........ect

The car has the Electric Handbrake so has the winch device strapped in at the bottom of the spare wheel well in the boot.
It has the round polystyreen holder above the winch with the compressor and tow bolt but no spare wheel, jack or spanner as I dont think they came as standard?
I have bought a 16 inch 4 stud space saver wheel (Red !) and looking to buy a jack and wheel spanner soon as I prefer that above the compressor and tyre seal can.

My question is, can I use the existing polystyreen holder already in the well to store the wheel, or do I need to buy a different one to facilitate the spare wheel to sit in with the jack and spanner above the handbrake winch ???

Hope that makes sense and grateful for any advice on this one.

Pete

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hiya,

I bought a second hand space saver for mine (electric handbrake fitted) and while it fits over the motor assembly, the jack and wrench do not, as there is physically not enough room. Plenty of side compartments to stash it in though, if you fancy a frustrating half hour of trial and error. I ended up just slinging it into a box with all the other bits and pieces of crap that I carry everywhere with me :cool:(y)

·
Registered
209 Posts
There are several polystyrene fillers with these cars, there is one which just accepts the pump and repair fluid, another which accepts the space saver wheel etc. I suggest you just try it. In 2015 the spare wheel well changed and space was greatly reduced. Earlier cars will take a full size spare but room for jack and wheelbrace is limited and space saver with filler. On mine (2015) the jack lives in a cover with velcro backing which sticks to the boot floor!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to all for replies !
Looks like its the wheel in the well and the jack and spanner in a box / bag, which I had a feeling would be the case anyway !
Regards
Pete

1 - 5 of 5 Posts