Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a compatiblewheel for a DS4 D Sport 160HD for a spare wheel as mine came with inflator kit which are unreliable as I have experienced. Ibought abrand new wheel of ebay which was supposed to be ok for my car but it wouldn't fit as the brake discs are so big I have 19 inch wheels tyre size255x40xR19 can anyone help please.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I think there's a simple get around for this which the owners with 19" Cairns wheels and a spare will confirm; the larger brake discs are only on the front, the rear discs are the same as the rest of the range, so if you get a flat on the front then the solution is to put the 19" wheel and tyre from be same side at the rear on the front then the spare on the back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Frank,

My DS4 came withR19tyres on: 225x40xR19 and with theinflator kit; however, I am able to fit one of those225x40xR19tyres (tyre and rim) in the trunk. ATM Ihave a winter set 215x55xR17 on, and I have a R19 in the trunk, it barely fits, but it does fits.

I tried getting a R16 for winter, they did not fit due to the large breaks in the front, hence the R17.

In case I get a flat tire, I can put the R19 anywhere I want.

I hope my comment helps!

Edited by: DS4_Faubourg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi ollie just wondering how you got around your spare wheel problem as I got caught out the other day and now I'm £300 lighter so really want to invest in a spare

Kind regards jon

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jon I'm awaiting confirmation from the wheel shop that the wheel they originally sent me will fit on the back as discs are smaller on the back only 13 1/2 inches diameter just mean you may have to change 2 wheels if you get a puncture as the spare will only go on the back

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah I done the same , ordered a 16"steel then gonna put a tyre to match the radius of the 19s but like u say will only go on the bk, but hey it comes to £100 all in better than the last bill :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
You can fit a full size 19" wheel in the spare wheel well. I've got one.
You need to put a spacer on the boot floor around the wheel well to raise the floor level to match the wheel.

I was going to post a thread about it here, but it's got lots of images and I don't want to hit the storage limit.

Here's a link to my thread on another forum: http://c4owners.org/plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?204100.0

Sorry if I'm breaking any rules by posting it like this.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for that info,it's invaluable. I am going to try and find a spare wheel as the repair outfit seems unreliable and if it has a use by date you could find yourself unable to do a repair by the road and have a high cost to sort it out.
No spare wheelwas an issue for mewhen considering buying the carbut a lot of manufacturers are doing it now. However,I was taken with the car so bought it regardless thinking I could resolve this by buying a spare.You've shown a 19" Cairns will fit in the boot, so that's the first hurdle.A spacesaver will need to be a 19" wheel? I don't know if a 19" spacesaver rim is available?

I will report how I get on.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I seriously doubt a 19" space saver is available. A 17" inch wheel will fit over the front brakes if that helps, GazDs has done it.

Personally I think that if you're buying an alloy for the job, it may as well be the correct one. It's an expensive way to do it though.

Edited by: Sarky Git

·
Super Moderator
937 Posts
Very interesting indeed!!
Will a 17"alloy definately fit a DSport with 19" standard wheels?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts