Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I’m considering buying a 2015 or 2016 DS4 or a DS4 Crossback second hand. We rarely carry rear passengers and will essentially use it as a 2 door car 95% of the time. I’m a little worried by the online comments from reviewers about a harsh ride and wondering if owners can comment on ride comfort in both the DS4 and the DS4 Crossback and indeed if they can recommend one over the other?
I’ll mainly use it for short amounts of daily driving on country roads and around town. Engine reccomendations also appreciated.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I can only say I have a 2016 Prestige 210 with 19" wheels and the ride is firm. (very, on low profile tyres) So it depends on the spec you are looking at.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was looking at a 2016 Crossback with 18 inch alloys and a 2016 DS with 17 inch

·
Registered
200 Posts
I was looking at a 2016 Crossback with 18 inch alloys and a 2016 DS with 17 inch
I can't comment on those as I haven't used one.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Mine is a 2015 2.0l Hdi EAT 6 auto with 180bhp and followed my 115 bhp 1.6hdi EGS auto. The software for the first one was appalling, I earlier had a C4 with the EGS 6 gearbox which was the best gearbox ever but the DS version changed the software and made a brilliant box useless. The EAT 6 box is brilliant! Both cars have 18" alloys and ride is good on both. I've been driving cars since 1968 ish and this car is the best I've ever had and I would have a really difficult time finding a better car to own. Crossback? No idea but can't see it being very different. My next car? No idea as I can't find a better one that I would want.
Depends on what you like. I do like Marmite as well :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Really helpful thanks. I’ll have to go drive them and see, but it’s reassuring to hear that they’ve been good cars to own as the reviews online from motoring magazines are not positive
Mine is a 2015 2.0l Hdi EAT 6 auto with 180bhp and followed my 115 bhp 1.6hdi EGS auto. The software for the first one was appalling, I earlier had a C4 with the EGS 6 gearbox which was the best gearbox ever but the DS version changed the software and made a brilliant box useless. The EAT 6 box is brilliant! Both cars have 18" alloys and ride is good on both. I've been driving cars since 1968 ish and this car is the best I've ever had and I would have a really difficult time finding a better car to own. Crossback? No idea but can't see it being very different. My next car? No idea as I can't find a better one that I would want.
Depends on what you like. I do like Marmite as well :)

·
Super Moderator
1,048 Posts
It depends what youare usef to in terms of "harsh". Mine's also got the 19" wheels and they are a bit firmer than I'd like in an every day car.

Best option is to try it and see.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It depends what youare usef to in terms of "harsh". Mine's also got the 19" wheels and they are a bit firmer than I'd like in an every day car.

Best option is to try it and see.
Thanks, I’ve been to try a 16 plate D4 on 18 inch wheels today and a Crossback. DS4 was firm but acceptably so if that makes sense, certainly no more firm than an M3 or any other car on similar wheels. Felt that the Crossback was ‘slightly’ less firm which is to be expected with the higher sprung ride, really pleased with both so confident that I can go ahead now with a purchase ’

·
Registered
147 Posts
The Crossback runs 3cm higher and has a slightly softer suspension over the normal DS4, with 18" wheels the ride shouldn't be too bad. I have 19" on mine and it is a bit on the firm side, but I don't mind it. Because of the extra ride height 18" wheels on the Cossback do make the wheel arches a bit gappy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Crossback runs 3cm higher and has a slightly softer suspension over the normal DS4, with 18" wheels the ride shouldn't be too bad. I have 19" on mine and it is a bit on the firm side, but I don't mind it. Because of the extra ride height 18" wheels on the Cossback do make the wheel arches a bit gappy.
Great thanks. I think I’m going to opt for the Crossback

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks all for your help with this. Have purchased a 65 plate DS4 Crossback 1.6 blue HDi in Orange. Really pleased with it and the ride was lovely, not too firm at all despite some of the ludicrously inaccurate online review.
Great thanks. I think I’m going to opt for the Crossback

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thanks all for your help with this. Have purchased a 65 plate DS4 Crossback 1.6 blue HDi in Orange. Really pleased with it and the ride was lovely, not too firm at all despite some of the ludicrously inaccurate online review.
Happy motoring.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Sounds like a good choice. Enjoy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts