Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi eveyone, picked my new ds4 up today and already got a problem with Bluetooth. Its got the DAB radio fitted, it connects to my Samsung S4 no problem but when i make a call it drops the call as soon as the other person speaks . Any help although having to take it back tomorrow for Citroen to check
they say it could need software update. Thought they might have checked that on the PDI

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi have same issue. First config file updated, second new mic fitted, now waiting for head unit replacement. In the mean time blue tooth has died completely. Not a good start at 1 month old. Still apart from this the car is great :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
It seems to be an issue on all DS4s (including mine) since DAB was fitted as standard in March. So far I haven't heard of anyone receiving a definitive fix.

Personally I'm waiting until I hear of a fix from Citroen as I can't be bothered with the hassle of going back and forth to the dealer to have them take the car apart in fruitless attempts at fixing it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well ive been in the dealers this afternoon and the problem lies with my phone. They tried several phones inc. iphone 5 and they all worked. They went deeper into it and found that my Galaxy s4 (1 month old ) has wrong base-band, now in the hands of Samsung UK.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The problem according to no less than Citroen UK is the actual dab radio unit and Citroen are waiting to hear from the manufacturers and they tell me it will not be fixed till the end of the year. How bad is that. Citroen have a lot to answer for although i would,nt change my DS4 for it

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Car back in Friday to another dealer after Citroen UK got them to ring me. we will see so watch this space

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well cars been back into Citroen today regarding the bluetooth issue. Still not right there waiting for a software update fromCitroen to totaly cure the issue. They said they have reset some of the radio functions like info scrolling on dab stations which will help but not totaly cure. I await Citroen, could be a while I think. Not good enough in my mind.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The dealer has changed the DAB radio setting ie they knocked off the scrolling info bar, and now the bluetooth/phone works. Its not 100% but its good enough till the software update is available from Citroen.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Stupot i supose its a start but should not have that sort off problem with a new car Citroen should hand out some sort off compensation , i get my ds4 in september so i can see a few trips to garage to complain

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ive pretty well had it with my dealer now, they will not make the slightest effort other than turning off DAB. they also cannot give a firm date on the replacement head unit and a december 2013 fix date is simply not good enough. after 2 months of broken promises and waiting, if this is how Citroen treats its customers next time around ill be know where to be seen. at the end of the day we as paying customers pay their wages and Citroen and their dealer network need to realise this or they will go the way of Rover

·
Registered
227 Posts
I found out today that I might have this Biuetooth issue? I can hear the other party fine, but apparently everything I said is very muffled and garbled (so no difference to real life, some may say).
And the thing is that I don't have the standard DAB radio option which seems to be the cause of the issue, but the add-on DAB unit that is selected via the AUX input on the SatNav/radio unit.
Any ideas? (Using an iPhone 4S BTW)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts