Citroen DS4 Forums banner

Dsport Tyres changing to 225 45 19 anyone else?

6K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Chris 
Hello Craigh,

My DS4 Sport came with the225 40 19 fitted. Mycomments to your question are:
1.- Why do you NEED to change your tyres to 19"?

2.-The speedometer is not exact. Compared to speed radars, I've noticed that the car reads 55km/h (you'll have to make the conversion) and the radar reads 50 km/h, and I've not noticed that the faster I go the bigger the difference... to me, it's a 5km difference at any speed, and TBH, I don'tcare. :)

3.- Here, in the Czech Republic, wintertyres aremandatory for winter. So for summer I use the 19s" and, since 19" wintertyres wereso f&$%$ expensive! and due to the small difference in price between buying a whole new set of 17" alloy rims AND 17" Micheline Alpin 4 wintertyres for the price of a 19" Michelin winter tyres (maybe I could have looked for a diff brand, but Im not an experienced winter driver, I wanted some certainty andreassurance)I now use 17" winter tyres for winter. Can you imagine driving in winter with 19" tyres? I can't... read below.

4.- I am sure you're familiar with DS4 hard suspension... well, now consider that suspension and having a 40 instead of 55 as a cushion. Yes,the wheels look impressive but that comes at a price and some discomfort whenpassing bumps and when driving on cobbled streets or in winter.

I suggest you test drive a DS4 with the 19" tyres fitted... Im my opinion, you should be more worried about the discomfort than the speedometer change.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.