Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dstyle 1.6HDi EGS - engine faltering at 1500 - 1800 revs. Feels like, ( the diesel equivalent of), misfiring. Lasts for about 2 -3 seconds then recovers for 2-3 seconds and then falters again. Increasing revs beyond 2000 overcomes the problem. This fault is intermittent and I have not been able to reproduce when the car is static. Engine is hot when it occurs. Does this in any gear and under different conditions - uphill in 3rd at 28, on the flat in 5th at 40 and at 66 in 6th, pulling on slight gradient. Fuel starvation /dodgy injector ? No warning lights flagging up. Anyone else suffered from this? Car has done 35,000miles and is due for service soon.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had a 'glitch' the other day with my EGS. Mine seemed to 'reject' my requested gear change from 1st to 2nd using the paddles whilst pulling out onto an A road. The display showed 2nd gear but didn't engage then it dropped back down to 1st but the clutch didn't disengage so the engine over rev'd and red lined. Coming off the accelerator seemed to sort it, flicked the paddle again & everything was fine. My theory is that it's either an intermittent problem with the EGS or maybe the computer controlled clutch decided I was asking too many rev's for the gear change and it was 'protecting itself'.
Going to try to replicate the issue again but not on an A road with an arctic bearing down on my ass!!

·
Registered
164 Posts
It seems Citroen has some unresolved issues with the egs box. I have lodged a complaint with Citroen and am awaiting a response to my specific issue. The more that people complain the more likely that they will come up with some sort of fix to what look like software bugs. I really like this car, but these problems are eroding the likeabilitymaybe its time to hit the RED button

1 - 3 of 3 Posts