Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer hasoffered me two Dunlop SP Sport 01 for £182 each inc vat, fitting, balancing and valves. I've been looking around and it doesn't seem a bad deal . Has anybody had any experience with these tyre's . The dealer has promised to price match any tyre I find ,I just don't know about the Dunlop's .

·
Registered
578 Posts
SBK which dealer is that? Ive been quoted £180 for Michelin Pilot Sport by local tyre guy. Ive never used Dunlops

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've put a make called Vredestein tyres, these are just as good as your top make but much cheaper, got two new fronts for £175 each, very happy with them.

·
Registered
227 Posts
The prices you guys are quoting seem very high?! How much are you paying for fitting and balancing?
My new (to me) DS4 I think will need new tyres in a few thousand miles going by reported longevity here, and I will probably be looking at the Continental Sport Contact 3's (always found Contis fantastic tyres) and the price on blackcircles is under £150 each delivered. So even if you pay £10 a wheel for fitting (shouldn't need to pay more then that ever), that is still much less then prices quoted.

PS. On black circles, the Dunlop Sport SP 01 are under £145 delivered, so £182 from the dealer (who will get them cheaper anyway I am sure) is taking the pee really, even with fitting included!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rev G said:
SBK which dealer is that? Ive been quoted £180 for Michelin Pilot Sport by local tyre guy. Ive never used Dunlops
It's Evans Halshaw Stoke Citroen . The £182 is a all in price ,fitting vat valves and balancing .I've seen Michelins for around £180 on Black Circles.com but that doesn't include valves and balancing and I'm not sure on the vat . I'm not keen on the Michelins if they are only going last 13000 miles but don't know about Dunlops either .I get 10% discount from Stoke Citroen with my service contract but it's still hardto believe that they are the cheapest .

·
Registered
227 Posts
SBK61 said:
Rev G said:
It's Evans Halshaw Stoke Citroen . The £182 is a all in price ,fitting vat valves and balancing .I've seen Michelins for around £180 on Black Circles.com  but that doesn't include valves and balancing and I'm not sure on the vat . I'm not keen on the Michelins if they are only going last 13000 miles but don't know about Dunlops either . I get 10% discount from Stoke Citroen with my service contract but it's still hard to believe that they are the cheapest .

Honestly, that price is too high! And if it includes a discount as well

Obviously not used Contis on a DS4 myself yet, but I put them on my Nissan 200SX Turbo and they transformed the car. also used them on Punto Sporting, RAV4 as Winter Tyres, and on my Van as Conti 'Vancos' and never disappointed, so I think they will be great on the DS4

I have just sold my winter wheels with Conti tyres on ... I had them on for 2 seasons (and up here, that means Nov to April) and the tread left was still around 5mm - and I bought them second hand to start with!

Black circles price DOES include VAT - only extra is £10 for delivery (per order, not per tyre
). I have never actually bought from Black Cicles, just a handy way to check the going rate.
Re fitting and balance ... It is not an expensive process for the fitting company, and the major cost is labour. A Tyre Company maybe charge out at £40 an hour including the bits, and it is less then an hours work for 4 wheels. Even the mobile tyre fitting round here only charges £10 a wheel and that includes him coming out to your home.
Maybe Evans Halshaw is charging out at their regular garage service rate of £100+ an hour PLUS parts?

The last price I paid to get 4 new valves on a set of loose wheels and the tyres rebalanced was a tenner - and that was a tenner for ALL FOUR WHEELS, not per wheel
- so that may tell you how much it actually costs them to do!
Please shop around and try the better, LOCAL and INDEPENDENT tyre companies. You may be surprised

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just a update.
Told Evans Halshaw to stick it, Got two Michelins for £170 each from the tyre man just off the estate where I live. Evans Halshaw price match was a waste of time they can't match the price I got . I emailed their customer service and they haven't got back to me surprise

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rev G said:
SBK good price, did you go with Dunlop sport
No mate ,I've had 2 Michelins fitted today by Wheels and Tyres in Cheadle ,they are about 5 mins away from where I live . I could have had Evergreens for £85+vat or Yokos for £105+vat but I decided to stick withMichelinfor £155+vat.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just had to change all 4 of my tyres on 200BHP...very painful especially since I only got 11K from the set. Mostly town driving I admit but still...

Best deal for me was Yoko's.............checked all the web sites and a local mobile outfit were the most competitive. £800 all in...19" wheels look great but they cost a lot to replace...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts