Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, we bought our DS4 (2011 with 70K) and after a month of ownership it went in for warranty work on the electronic handbrake which snapped (plastic bit you lift) Since returning from said work we are of the opinion that the car judders upon pulling away. It does it when we leave our drive (which is on a slope) and i kind of expect this as the handbrake releases and adjusts to suit the gradient...?? will this be because of the electrics? ....However it has also done it on the flat too...??? Is this normal, as the car should be under warranty with us only having put 2500 miles on it in the last 4 months ? or is this a bigger problem such as the clutch. I have had the local citroen dealer look at it and he thinks it may be the clutch....??? WTF.!!! Any advice would be gratefully received. The car is still a beautiful car to drive, but pulling away on any gradient can be juddery and i would love to iron this kink out swiftly.....especially if it is warranty covered....!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Sounds like the clutch simply needs recalibration - quite common on the EGS models. It can be done via the software but for ease its worth using the 'hard reset' option first - full acceleration from a standing start and bang it in k 2nd as you hit the red line - sounds brutal but it works 9 times out of 10

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Frank :) The wife is obviously keen to try this ASAP lol...!! Q; i trust that she should put it into manual mode and use the flappy paddles/ gear shift to change up to second...??

·
Registered
544 Posts
Exactly that - do it in manual.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts