1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The issues i have with the EGS box on my airdream ds4 are:

EGS lags after change-up especially from 1 to 2 and 2 to 3

The change up on an upward incline revs higher than I would change

Take off from a standstill can too easily cause wheel spin with a slightly heavy foot

any other thoughts?

·
Registered
312 Posts
I haven't got the EGS gearbox ,I was told by the salesman that you had to drive it like a manual and then it was ok. I couldn't see the point so I brought a manual!But I have had similar problems with a Mercedes truck fitted with this sort of gearbox,changing up to early ect and it was cured by a software upgrade.
There is a item concerning this problem on HONEST JOHN.CO.UK. Just Google EGS gearbox.

·
Registered
24 Posts
As I have previously posted I had issues with my EGS box but this appears to have been resolved by the 'latest' download from Citroen which has changed the character of the box substantially. Smoother changes with less lag and better pick up. Local dealer sorted it for me suggest you go in and complain and ask for laatest upgrade. Incidentally they alsso moved a smart box which was interfering electronically - again a Citroen suggestion.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Did the upgrade result in improved fuel economy?.I'm leaving mine in for its 1st service on Tuesday. I,m going to ask about the software upgrade

·
Registered
164 Posts
Thanks. Still worth checking it out.Egs can be a bit indecisive between 1st and 2nd and revs a bit high on the upward shift which means having to use the paddle shift

·
Registered
267 Posts
Bobble 25

Can you advise what smart box did they moved which interfered with the electronics? So far my dealer has not mentioned about any new software update but i will check with them soon.
Were you using auto or manual mode when you mentioned about improved gearchanges?

·
Registered
19 Posts
The dealer in Hong Kong told me that there was a new 'programme' for my DS4 THP155 EGS on 1 Aug this year and updated it for me accordingly. I find that the gear changes are much smoother and faster than before and the car now has lots more 'oomph' to it. Wayne

·
Registered
164 Posts
My dealer told me that there is no upgrade for my EGS. Kind of disappointed as by all accounts it seems to make a difference

·
Registered
24 Posts
Don't know which box was moved --just that Citroen advised that this would alleviate the problem I had. I was having problems in auto but not in manual . It appears that unlike a true automatic this is a manual box with an electronic gear selector - consequently it behaves differently and operates best in manual. I have had no issues with it since the upgrade. I think that if the dealer says there is no upgrade he is dodging the issue or doesn't know where to look for it. Try another dealer.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Bobble25
Hi- if you could find out from the service centre or dealer exactly what box was moved, it will be of great help.
Thanks.

·
Registered
155 Posts
bobble25 said:
As I have previously posted I had issues with my EGS box but this appears to have been resolved by the 'latest' download from Citroen which has changed the character of the box substantially. Smoother changes with less lag and better pick up. Local dealer sorted it for me suggest you go in and complain and ask for laatest upgrade. Incidentally they alsso moved a smart box which was interfering electronically - again a Citroen suggestion.

Veryinterestingi shall be quiz ing my local dealer about this is yours the 1.6dieselvariant?

as im not getting very smooth changes from gear 1 to 2 especially when cold ..

·
Registered
267 Posts
To prevent lag try to use the paddle shift- it works a treat!
99% of the time i shift manually as its more responsive- after all EGS is a cluchless manual gearbox

·
Registered
19 Posts
Eversince the software upgrade, my gearchange has become smoother. Still not like a conventional auto, but the lag is much less. If you treat it as a manual and drive it as such, then you will love it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts