Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

So a bit of an odd one. I've got a 150 Dsport BlueHDi with the electronic handbrake, I find it odd that you can't activate the handbrake when the engine shuts off due to the start/stop. As soon as I flick the button the engine comes back on!

This was never a problem in my DS3 as this had a manual lever. I spoke to Citroen about it and they tried to fob me off saying all start/stop systems do it!

Anyone else a little annoyed by this??

Dan :)

·
Registered
544 Posts
Ours doesn't have stop start but I had an A3 courtesy car today with electronic handbrake and stop:start and it operated perfectly with the handbrake applied and the clutch released. I'd expect it to operate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
danlock92 said:
Hi all,

So a bit of an odd one. I've got a 150 Dsport BlueHDi with the electronic handbrake, I find it odd that you can't activate the handbrake when the engine shuts off due to the start/stop. As soon as I flick the button the engine comes back on!

This was never a problem in my DS3 as this had a manual lever. I spoke to Citroen about it and they tried to fob me off saying all start/stop systems do it!

Anyone else a little annoyed by this??

Dan :)

Hello Dan,

I'm an owner of a DS4 Sport Chic 1.6e-HDI110hp with an electric handbrake as well and it does exactly the same thing than yours from the beginning: whenever the engine shuts due to the activation of start/stop it will come back after you press the electric handbrake button...I believe it's a regular behaviour (don't ask me why.. Citroen's engineer should have some strange thoughts...
).

Best regards,
Bruno

Edited by: skeletiko

1 - 3 of 3 Posts