2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my electric mirrors are not responding with my central locking any ideas anyone

many thanks
mark hartlepool

·
Registered
472 Posts
Just what I thought if the do its nothing wrong with the mirrors but a setting somewhere

·
Registered
395 Posts
Not currently in car, so doing this from memory, but I'm sure it is one of the options in menu (when ignition on but not running).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine started to not respond to the central locking also, but folds in fine with the button on the drivers door. was a solution ever found for this ??

·
Registered
395 Posts
As I've said there is an option for the mirrors to fold on locking within the intital set-up menu when engine off but ignition on.Maybe its a fault, but maybe the setting has been altered after an upgrade etc. Certainly worth turning this option off, starting up engine, then turn on and start up to give a 'hard reset', just flicking on and off may not alter corrupted software.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for replying, but I cant see a menu option to change the mirror setting. I have a DS4 without the SatNav so it has the small screen in the dash. The menu options are the same whether the engine is running or not !!

It starts with 5 options
Music
Phone
Trip computer
BlueTooth
Personalisation

Under Personalisation there are only 4 options
Define Vehicle Parameters
Choice of Language
Display Configuration
Choice of Sounds

UnderDefine Vehicle Parameters again 4 option
Access to the Vehicle
Driving Assistance
Vehicle Lighting
Interior Lighting

·
Registered
86 Posts
According to the manual (I have a PDF version on my iPad):

"The folding and unfolding of the door mirrors using the remote control can be deactivated by a Citroen dealer or a qualified workshop."

The manual doesn't mention any available setting anywhere, so you may need to ask the dealer to take a look.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I was reading my manual and it states ( I know this is a general manual and may not apply to the DS4 Style which I have) that you can set the mirrors to a lowering function when you engage it into reverse so as to allow you to see the wheels more clearly, for reverse parallel parking I assume. Has anyone managed to do this? I've tried following the manual which looks pretty clear on what to do but it didn't work.

having said that i couldn't get my bluetooth music to work and accidentally accessed it while driving thinking I was pressing a mute button on the steering wheel.

I would also like to point out I only got my car on Wednesday and have only driven it once at night by the time I posted this, however I did find the folding mirror option whilst driving up the M1 at 80mph in the outside lane...

·
Registered
472 Posts
There is a whole speil on this forum re reversing mirrors, it looks like if you follow the book and it does not work then its not fitted some style's have it and some don't

1 - 16 of 16 Posts