DS4OwnersClub.co.uk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my DSPORT since the end of July last year and have created a snag list of glitches that I have experienced, most of which are intermittent and fairly rare in occurrance.

1. Packing sensors switch - the wires became disconnected fairly early on - was fixed in ten minutes by the garage.
2. Headlight washers - when activated these occasionally cause the parking sensors at the front to alarm on screen and audible alarm.

3. Radio - sound control and station selection stopped working and when ignitition was switched off and key removed radio remained on for 20 seconds.

4. Front parking sensors - intermittently do not work if radio or cd is on.

5. About once every 4 to 6 weeks the centre console sounds 3 bleeps then closes down to black screen, radio stops. The fires back up of it's own accord (annoying if you are relying on satnav at the time!

6. CD player provides play list from previous cd.

7. Not really a glitch, more of an observation, the bluetooth/hands free link seems to be poor as everyone says that they cannot hear me over the road noise.

Despite all these I still love the car!

Sam

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Sam67! I bought my DS4 THP155 EGS new in August in Hong Kong. 2 weeks ago, the car had an electrical problem. When I turned the key, nothing happened except the 'service' lamp coming on together with a message in the centre panel saying 'Battery faulty' or some similar words. The dealer towed it back and checked it through. They found that the electronic engine management box (not sure of the actual name of the part!) was at fault. I waited for a week for a new one to be fitted and the car is now back to its healthy self! Also, when I connect my cellphone with the bluetooth function and try and make a call, the first attempt usually fails, despite the panel showing strong signal. It usually is ok with the second attempt. Not sure what glitch this is, but not serious enough to warrant a garage visit.....despite all, it is still a beautiful car to own and to drive! Loving every minute with it! Wayne

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi Wayne
You mentioned about an EGS software update- i bought my DS4 thp 155 EGS in Malaysia in late April so i hope to follow up with my dealer about the same update.
Any specific details you could provide?
Thanks ajdar

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi ajdar, I was going to have the car handed to me on 31 July, but the salesman said there was a new programme on 1 Aug, so he suggested the delivery to be delayed for a day, so that they can reprogramme to the new software for me. Even if I had not done it then, they would do it for me at the first service. The dealer in Hong Kong is the same as in Malaysia, namely Sime Darby. They should have the same service protocol. Wayne

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi Sam. Interesting list.

I might be able to give you a reason for 2. When the water level in the washer tank gets low, it seems to spray the water with either less pressure or to a different pattern. Either way, it seems to affect the front sensors. Dunno if that helps or not.

Take care... azzy

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers Azzy, I'd never have thought of that. Does the headlight wash operate on every screen wash operation? I haven't noticed the plume of spray from it for a while and wondered if it was still actually working.

Sam

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just about... I think they wash every second time you spray the windscreen. The headlight washers will stop spraying long before the windscreen washer bottle is full. Also the headlight washers would do a good Job of putting fires out.

Take care...azzy

·
Registered
472 Posts
Its right only when the lights are on will the washers for the lights come into play, also this is a fair warning that the washer bottle is getting low as the first things to not get washed are the lights, so once you stop seeing the spray check the washer level

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi Wayne, unfortunately the Citroen dealer in Malaysia is not Sime Darby ( they only deal with Ford and Alfas in Malaysia). Its Brookland. I enquired about it yesterday but they said that since France did not advise anything about the gearbox software update, they could not carry out any work...hmmm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts