Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had to replace the lever, mine started sticking and had a fault warning on the dash.
Turned out the plastic holding it in place had broke and its a common problem.
Only took 10 mins to relpace once part arrived
Think the part cost about £36

·
Registered
14 Posts
Went to Citroën last Friday after I rang them a week before to tell them about the handbrake sticking for them to tell me it's broke!! No sh*t sherlock.... Now have to go back this Friday because they didn't stock the part... Surly when I rang them a week in advance they should of had the part on the shelf ready... They tried to say there might be a charge, dream on! By the sounds of it they should have plenty of these on the shelves ready for other ds4 owners.

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
How do you manage at the moment without a Handbrake?Does it partially work?
If they said there may be a charge....Is the car out of Warranty?
If not, then it wont be a chargeable item

·
Registered
14 Posts
The handbrake it's self still works, it's if I try and use it manually it comes up as a fault. The little plastic bit with P on it has come loose so when at traffic lights or waiting in traffic I keep my foot on the brake rather than putting the handbrake on manually. When I Park up and turn the ignition off the automatic handbrake comes on, so still drivable.Edited by: gooney71

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey - did you ever fix this? I've just got the same issue, it hink i broke mine, if so - where did you get the part and how did you manage to replace it? I'm not sure how i would get it out in the first place

Best,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,My DS4 has just failed it's MOT due to a tempermental handbrake button, and the local Citroen dealer has advised that it will cost £180 to order a new button and replace. They seem to be taking their time sourcing the part, so, in the meantime, I took a look, and I'm pretty sure the only reason it doesn't always work is that it's missing one of the two pieces of plastic that straddle the 2 springs to transmit upward pressure to the button. £180 seems a lot to pay for a 7mm piece of plastic. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi my handbrake button has just broken and I have the part to replace...any advice on how I get the old one out...I have seen it takes 10 mins above..some tips would be nice if possible

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi my handbrake all of a sudden was 'broke' it still works I just have to press the whole button down and back rather than flick the button back... my brother is going to fix it for me but I am just after some tips and ideas on how this is done? Iv been trying to find videos online but I am struggling! I have got my local Citroen garage holding the part for me (£55.00 including VAT). Would really appreciate some ideas if anyone can help, I'm just worrying as it is the handbrake and I don't want any further problems! Can't believe it's such a flimsy part that can spontaneously break! I'm not very happy although touch wood I haven't had any other problems with the car and iv had it over 12 months :) any help would be much appreciated! Thank you

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.