Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help. My DS4 was running perfectly until I, like an diot, managed to pull on the electronic handbrake when the car was still moving approaching a red light. The dash board lit up with some warning, I pulled over into a layby, turned the engine off, handbrake engaged, turned it on again, no dashlights, so pulled away - all good.

However, since then, whilst the handbrake works perfectly pulling off and turning the engine off to engage it when stopping, all manual functionality has gone without the warnings coming up. When I did it (and I've been driving it for a few months as it is) there was a snapping sound as though a cable had snapped, except it's electronic and working perfectly once engaged by turning off the engine.

Does anyone have any ideas what this could be please?

Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help. My DS4 was running perfectly until I, like an diot, managed to pull on the electronic handbrake when the car was still moving approaching a red light. The dash board lit up with some warning, I pulled over into a layby, turned the engine off, handbrake engaged, turned it on again, no dashlights, so pulled away - all good.

However, since then, whilst the handbrake works perfectly pulling off and turning the engine off to engage it when stopping, all manual functionality has gone without the warnings coming up. When I did it (and I've been driving it for a few months as it is) there was a snapping sound as though a cable had snapped, except it's electronic and working perfectly once engaged by turning off the engine.

Does anyone have any ideas what this could be please?

Thanks.
Once you are about to pull off, the electronic e-brake is disengaged but the moment the car moves you hear this sound? Did I understand correctly?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Once you are about to pull off, the electronic e-brake is disengaged but the moment the car moves you hear this sound? Did I understand correctly?
No, it pulls off perfectly and the handbrake goes on perfectly when you turn the engine off (so all is well unless you touch the switch). The switch lights up and the light goes off accordingly, but if you try to use the handbrake manually -ie- using the switch, then the dashboard lights up with a warning and it won't engage or disengage properly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Maybe you broke the switch? they do seem fragile
Am I right in thinking you can get these on Ebay and it's a job you can do yourself? I'm happy to start with that as it has to be one of the cheaper options. Thank you.

Added: Switch now on order, arriving on the 10th. Fingers crossed it works.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts