Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys these red and black "emergency" buttons on the car roof do they need to be kept "alive" via some annual subscription? If so any idea how etc ?

·
Registered
395 Posts
RevG not sure why AA would contact you, as its run solely by Citroen Assist!!!!!!

It runs on an annual subscription basis and your dealer 'should' be able to renew for you (mine had no clue, so I did it direct through Citroen site - tried RAC, Green Flag, and AA and they cannot do this in UK).
It costs about £60 for basic cover and £80 if you want pucture repair (handy with no spare wheel), and fuel run out cover.
If you don't pay they say the SOS one will continue working but the assist will not - did'nt want to gamble so I paid up.

Interesting feature as I was unsure what happened , so pressed button when I got car - the SOS one goes through to 999 emergency services - they ask you what service you require, and once you start dialling you CANNOT stop call, they have to!!!
The assist button rings Citroen Assist pan Europe and can also send message from ECU fault diagnosis and GPS co-ordinates. How smart is that?!!

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tis smart! Mines ex demo so Ive been given free 12months Citroen Assist and after what you said its worth keeping it going when it expires next year

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ben how old is your car?

I was given a "certificate" when I collected the car, but that was on an 18month old ex demo. So if you dont have some certificate ask your dealer. Citroen givepre-owned ones a years free assist thats a good deal

·
Registered
395 Posts
Ben / Rev,I got my car at 10 months old, and only knew about the 1 yr breakdown by readin manual - dealer useless, they did'nt know how to renew (even though manual says to use them). I went direct to Citroen and they told me run out date was 31/12/12 and I could renew for 1 or 2 years (no adiscount though). I got no confirmation only a debit on mu visa, so to some extent its blind faith!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts