Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have just update the Emyway in the DS4 with the latest SOFTWARE VERSION 2.85 and then installed the new 2015 maps and 7 digit UK postcodes are working.
<br style="font-family: 'lucida grande', verdana, tahoma, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;"><br style="font-family: 'lucida grande', verdana, tahoma, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">Just thought i would let everyone know as could find a thread to say they were working and a lot of members having hassle getting it to work.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nethers said:
How did you do the installations/updates?
First installed the updated software version via supplied disk.

Then installed the 2015 maps via usb.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The main thing to make the 7 digit postcodes work is to update the firmware software to at least 2.85, anything below this the 7 digit postcodes will not work.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I am contemplating updating my maps but I'm curious to know where you got the updated software from... you mention "the supplied disk" but who supplied this? Thanks.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TheBadgerJC said:
I am contemplating updating my maps but I'm curious to know where you got the updated software from... you mention "the supplied disk" but who supplied this? Thanks.

I have a friend who works for Citroen, and he supplied me with the updated firmware disk.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thanks for the info... I shall be giving my friendly dealer a call tomorrow, I think!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have been inquiring about software update 2.85 over the phone and asked to purchase an SD card at £140 which sounds like a map up date rather than a software update?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Delboy192 said:
I have been inquiring about software update 2.85 over the phone and asked to purchase an SD card at £140 which sounds like a map up date rather than a software update?
I didn't know the DS4 took SD cards?

·
Super Moderator
937 Posts
Theres no SD card slot that Ive seen

·
Registered
470 Posts
All updates are done using either the CD slot or the USB socket - thats what Ive been told
Never seen other digital slots either

·
Registered
176 Posts
This is interesting, my Feb 2015 DSport with Nav (non-touch screen model) doesn't have any provision for postcodes. Does the software update work with this version?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There is not a seperate section for postcodes, you input the postcode in the Town/City section and it will work.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If anyone wants to get the 7 digit postcode working, first check by trying to type the postcode in the Town/City section of the Nav, if it does not accept the postcode then you need the updated software 2.85 and above.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Ah ok, thanks Craig, didn't realise that. Only had it a week so not read all the manual yet!! I'll give it a try

·
Registered
176 Posts
Entering a 7 digit postcode seems to work in a much as it's found a route so presume it's correct. Once you put in the postcode though it blanks out the road and house number options. Do you find the same Craig?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Becki_Justin said:
Entering a 7 digit postcode seems to work in a much as it's found a route so presume it's correct. Once you put in the postcode though it blanks out the road and house number options. Do you find the same Craig?

Yes this is how it works, it will blank out the road and house number.

To be honest it works fine, and i have had no problems using the 7 digit postcodes.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Fantastic, looks like ours has the latest software then, it worked and took us to our road earlier, thank you for sharing this, it will help save a lot of time over entering all the info as we have been doing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts