Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My emyway system reboots every 10 seconds or so and is currently in with my local Citroen dealer, been in once already with them but they can't fix. I rang Citroen uk who agreed to give me a hire car but wasn't aware it's only for a week, hire co. rang today to say they want their car back next week. My dealer has been in touch once to let me know they still can't fix it, will ring Citroen uk on Monday about them extending the hire car as I don't wish to drive my car as it is, just feels like I'm the one who's doing all the chasing...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update;
No contact from the dealer other than ringing me the day after the car was collected so I rung on Friday, still no fix, still in hire car, will be 2 weeks tomorrow. Citroen are in contact with the manufacturer of the emyway system to find a fix.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just to let you know my dealer carried out latest software update but the emyway still plays up. Given all I have read on this forum it would seem these inherent problems have no cure at the moment, and having the entire system removed and sent back to Citroen could leave me in an even worse situation. At least at mom it usualy freezes only once a twice every few weeks and can usualy be reset by leaving the car for a few minutes.

With regard to your car, clearly thats an unacceptable situation, and my advise would be to start to call the dealer every few days, so they know they have to keep on top of the situation. I am surprised that they dont just fit a new unit. Although from my one experience of Citroen cuastomer service I found them to be absolutely appalling - they told me all they could do is ring the dealer and ask them to ring me!
Hope you get a resolution soon, and am interested in hearing about the outcome.

Regards

Keith

·
Registered
472 Posts
Re the emway, I had a problem with my CD player and the arranged to replace it, this involved replacing the whole unit, cd, satnav, radio the lot. They told me when to bring it in, gave me a courtesy car and 2 hours later I had mine back. The main bonus was the new satnav came with the latest maps on it so chuffedEdited by: deresim

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dealer rung today to say a new nav system has been ordered, presumably new emyway unit, should be with the dealer early next week, hopefully will get my car back mid to end of next week.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update;
New part arrived @ dealer yesterday, new part (apparently) faulty, new part returned to Citroen, still in hire car, can't remember if it's 3 or 4 weeks now, anyone got a photo of a white DS4? Forgot what mine looks like :(

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Car finally delivered back, all fixed, took four weeks in all. Can't pair samsung phone at the moment and there's no option to 'RDM ALL' to play entire music library, will check into these when I've got more time.

·
Registered
472 Posts
at least the sat nav is sorted

Edited by: deresim

·
Registered
43 Posts
At least as you say most of it working. I am inclined to leave my emyway as it is. It only freezes every few weeks and can usually be sorted by switching off and restarting at worst a few times.
Given the stories about other parts not working after a repair unless it gets worse maybe better to put up with it.
One thing, and I was told this is due to Apple software, when using an iPhone or iPod touch for music via Bluetooth, you can't see or select any track or playlist etc information.
Has anyone else noticed this was Apple devices?
Regards
Keith

·
Registered
395 Posts
PeterS / Keith et al,

I have had an ongoing problem with my Emyway system since December 2012. It took 4 months and help from AutoExpress to get a software update to resolve numerous problems [ bluetooth, CD, USB, traffic alert, Satnav, Ice alert etc] - they would NOT replace the Emyway system for some reason.
The software fix 'solved' most of these problems but the ice alert and TPMS system are still faulty, and again they have the car for weeks and just spool me a line. Apparantly according to Citroen the ice alert does'nt come on all models - problem is mine works when car going and temp drops, but start it at -6C and it will say all okay. Same with TPMS system tells me all okay when I start up but 30miles [exactly] down the road and it tells me fault [ mainly cos I have changed wheels for winter]. According to Citroen system will only work with original wheels, but remove a sensor and it still says okay, but thats fine.

They are all gits!
Catherine Matthias is the 'special' liaison I have with Citroen and frankly she is useless, and the garage Hartwells at Scunthrope has basically washed their hands of it so my only option looks like the motoring press again.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've noticed little differences between the original emyway and the new one they've installed, mainly to do with how it looks, the background is different, also had problems initially pairing my Samsung phone which I've been able to solve now, more perseverance on my side that anything else.

Everything is going fine so far, this new emyway system doesn't allow 'RDM ALL' play mode as the original one did, this mode caused a lot of problems with restarting the emyway system, I guess they've removed it to reduce any further problems, this is only a minor annoyance though, I'm prepared to accept this if it means the system is more stable.

·
Registered
472 Posts
does your satnav support full UK postcodes with the new one ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
PeterS said:
I've noticed little differences between the original emyway and the new one they've installed, mainly to do with how it looks, the background is different, also had problems initially pairing my Samsung phone which I've been able to solve now, more perseverance on my side that anything else.

Everything is going fine so far, this new emyway system doesn't allow 'RDM ALL' play mode as the original one did, this mode caused a lot of problems with restarting the emyway system, I guess they've removed it to reduce any further problems, this is only a minor annoyance though, I'm prepared to accept this if it means the system is more stable.
Peter in answer to your issue regarding playing all tracks randomly.
My emyway has never had that option, so clearly the feature has been removed.
However as a way around using Apple device at leaat:-
1. If playing music through Bluetooth just select 'tracks' on your iPod/Phone then select random.
2. If using USB lead I discovered at the top of of the playlists on emyway screen is an option naming the device. So in my case its called Keith iPhone or Keith iPod. When selected, it lists all tracks alphabetically. Then select Random.

Since the update when using Bluetooth and if you have it Apple, can you now see and select track and music details with emyway?

I have Ice Alert, and it does work from 3 deg C at start up.

Regards
Keith

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Something else missing ref sat nav. There are no longer nav prompts visible from the speedo display, this used to show roundabouts and required exit etc, just shows zone not mapped now, even though the name of the road is shown on the bottom of the nav screen. Will contact the dealer about this, it was really useful, now I have to look across to the nav screen..

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi

when streaming music by bluetooth, it doesn't show track or artist info and you can ony select tracks from the device and not the emyway system.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Car back in today to look at no nav prompts on the speedo display, other than that everything going fine, no problems at all, seems a much better system, this will be a later version with problems ironed out, just glad to get it sorted before the warranty runs out in June...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts